ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No sound from B450 Pro4 Realtek Audio driver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaleBlueDot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No sound from B450 Pro4 Realtek Audio driver
    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 5:17pm
Hi everyone,

I've been wrestling with a driver issue for a couple of days now, so thought I'd post here and see if anyone can help.

I am using a B450 Pro4 motherboard, with an AMD 3600X CPU. Until recently I have been using the sound provided by HDMI from my GPU, however I want to be able to use my rear panel audio ports for a headset.

I downloaded and installed the drivers and Realtek Audio Console app listed on the B450 Pro4 download page (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450%20Pro4/#Download).

My computer seems happy with the driver, and says that it is functioning correctly. It shows as plugged in, and audio can be seen playing in the Volume Mixer, however no sound can be heard.

I can confirm that my headset is functioning correctly, having tested it on another system. I can also confirm that a different headset also fails to play on this system.

I have undertaken every step found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems, but to no avail.

I'm at a loss at what else to try, does anybody have any advice?

Thanks.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 8:15pm
Are you plugging your headphone jack into correct port?(green)
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 10:11pm
im guessing its windows issue

e.g. down by your windows desktop clock left click the speaker icon and check it says realtek (im guessing its still saying the name of your monitor and then amd high def audio after)

simply change this to realtek
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
PaleBlueDot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaleBlueDot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by ThreeDee ThreeDee wrote:

Are you plugging your headphone jack into correct port?(green)

Yep, it's definitely in the correct port, and Realtek Audio Console recognises it as such.
PaleBlueDot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaleBlueDot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 8:57am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

im guessing its windows issue

e.g. down by your windows desktop clock left click the speaker icon and check it says realtek (im guessing its still saying the name of your monitor and then amd high def audio after)

simply change this to realtek

Thanks, but no, I'm selecting the Realtek Audio option.
williacase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williacase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 12:28pm
Something other to attempt: go into the case and totally detach front board wires and utilize just backboard. That, on the off chance that something awry in the front is jacking sound for what it's worth.

Else, it is surely seeming like your board sound is blown. HDMI sound functions admirably for me, so if that is sufficient for you simply use it. Yet, include sound cards can be had rather modest and, as per the individuals who know, numerous likewise offer a lot of unrivaled sounds, highlight sets and truly decent going with programming bundles.

On the off chance that still you don't discover any arrangement attempt by downloading and installing ASRock B450 Pro4 Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1.8403 for Windows bundle from on the web.
HotBird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 2:38am
Hi everyone.
I have the exaxt same problem. Hard to believe that the sound is blown. It was working fine for 3 weeks and I never used the front jacks. Actually I never connected the front jack wires to the board until today. Nor rear neither front jacks are working anymore. HDMI sound is working fine.
noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 12:49am
it might be that the capacitors near the onboard realtek audio chip on the OP's ASrock motherboard went bad, which caused the onboard sound to stop working altogether.

I know this from experience since it happened to me several years ago and I had to replace the motherboard with a different one
BenjaminValles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenjaminValles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 12:58am
For most computer users using Windows operating systems, the default audio driver is run by Realtek HD Audio Drivers. Realtek£™s High Definition Audio Manager is a tool used to control sound on desktop or laptop computers, and it£™s the default option for Windows 10 systems. The program comes packed with great features that produce amazing sound results. If you are facing any issue regarding Realtek audio driver this guide can really help to fix the driver problems.
stevegrossie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevegrossie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 6:56am
I have this exact same problem - PaleBlueDot79 - did you ever solve it£
Hotbird - you£

Let me know ---thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic