ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Realtek 2.5Gbe RTL8125 NDIS Reset Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganendorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 12:35am
I threw in the towel.

I found this thread on reddit and let's just say it's not the best of news, basically people are just saying this is a known issues that's existed on Realtek cards for a while (I've had other Realtek built in NIC cards and never remember this problem) so take that with a grain of salt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/hsmz3x/random_connection_lost_with_realtek_pcie_25gbe/

I did however just order a $30 intel pci 1gb nic off of amazon. In the meantime I disabled my hardwired connection and switched to WiFi and it seems to have stabilized. Not ideal in any sense of the word.
Atrivion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atrivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 1:46am
I have the exact same problem as the original poster. Only exception is that i have a B550m Mortar motherboard.
I've also tried the exact same steps as in the Original post. Nothing has worked.
It gives me a NDIS 10400 adapter reset on my Realtek PCIe 2.5gbE Family Controller. When i have a Torrent active, be it upload or download it dies way more often, so i guess it can only take so much traffic before it is forced into a reset somehow...
Someone needs to fix this, ASAP, even more so if its true that its an old problem with Realtek.
I'm going to be emailing Realtek about this aswell but wanted to add one more with the exact same problems to this thread. Maybe it gets their attention and forces them to pull their thumbs out and do fix it.
ebertonmoraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebertonmoraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 2:37am
I have exactly same problem too.

Here Z490 Steel Legend motherboard, with a i7 10700k.

Aparently is a driver problem, waiting for updates.
dakooga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dakooga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 7:28am
New Realtek RTL8125 drivers just came out...

[URL=http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True]Official Realtek Site[/URL]

Their site is sometimes down so try this if it is

[URL=https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=4582&lang=en]Station Drivers[/URL]

I'm now trying v10.43.723.2020 of the Realtek RTL8125 Gaming 2.5Gbe drivers

~ Koog
Espantoso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espantoso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 3:58am
Happening to me to on a MSI x570 Tomahawk with the same adapter. So annoying!

Espantoso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espantoso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 4:14pm
10.43.723.2020 Are still bad for me
bbandor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbandor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:45pm
It happens on my Gigabyte Aorus MAster x570 too, I even changed the cable but to no avail. I'm using the latest driver (but I tried older driver versions too)
Espantoso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espantoso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 3:26am
Welp, I guess we should all send an email to nicfae@realtek.com (Realtek NIC Support)
bbandor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbandor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 11:50pm
I've already did that, this is their "official" response:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your E-mail.
We sell Ethernet chips, we don?™t made network cards or on board LAN;
so we can?™t figure out your problem at first place.
If manufacture follow our design rules, the LAN should be working fine.
At this moment , we suggest you contact Gigabyte."

So they don't really give a s**t, just your atipical "not my fault it's the others fault" response.
crus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:43am
I'm having the same problem with the ASUS x570-E Gaming motherboard which also uses the RTL8125 NIC.

Have tried various driver versions, Currently using: 10.43.723.2020 - problem persists
Have also tried
- Disabling "Energy-Efficient Ethernet"
- Disabling "Gigabit Lite"
- Disabling "Green Ethernet"
- Disabling "Power Saving Mode"
- Disabling "Wake on Magic Packet"
- Disabling "Wake on pattern match"
- Disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

- Update to latest mainboard BIOS
- Update to latest chipset drivers from AMD

I also emailed nicfae@realtek.com and received the same response as bbandor above.

On this motherboard, I have the Realtek 8125 and an Intel i211. I was going to use the i211 but its also buggy, IPv6 intermittently fails PMTUD tests (which causes weird problems) - The Realtek doesn't have the IPv6 issue.

The Intel NIC utility allows me to test the LAN cable and it verified the cable as working properly. I've also used this cable on another machine just to double check and its working as expected.

Have also tried a different port on the switch that the machine is plugged into.

Is everyone here running Windows 10 version 2004? I'm wondering if the problem happens with version 1909?

Has anyone figured out what triggers the issue? Sometimes i can go a day or 2 without it happening and then some days i'll get the problem a few times within minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic