ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Realtek 2.5Gbe RTL8125 NDIS Reset Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:34am
yup. Realtek LAN 10.046 driver is out of beta and recently WHQL'ed by MS.
pokuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:38am
Now that i watch this Realtek closer i noticed random IPv6 only packet loss when maxing out the download or copying lots of data to another PC over the local network.
I can see this with PingPlotter to google.com running simultaneously IPv4 and IPv6. 1Gbit inet speed, 1Gbit router, 1Gbit Realtek.
No fancy adapter settings. Default Adapter settings like Qos and other protocols are running.
I have no idea if this was happening before and i also have no idea if this is expected or even matters.

Besides that i didn't have a single hard hang of the RTL8125 since i use the replacement board. The board was changed on this 4th of january running the beta drivber since the 8th.
B550 Steel Legend / J5005-ITX
pokuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 11:27am
20 days without a single strange behaviour. This latest 10.046 driver seems to do the trick here.
I also see the copying speed to a RTL8111H using the same driver reaches up to 115MB/s.
This is across a Puma 7 router and Cat 5e cables.
mpsharp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpsharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:26am
Just for kicks, I also now run this powershell script upon boot in TaskScheduler:

while ($true) {

$pingtest = test-connection 192.168.1.254 -count 1 -quiet

if(!$pingtest)
    {
        Write-EventLog -LogName "Application" -Source "AutoNetReset" -EventID 1 -EntryType Warning -Message "Detected network down. Restarting"
        restart-netadapter Wired
    }
    start-sleep 15
}

I've only gone a week now.   Yet to see the message.
iandk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iandk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 6:46am
Originally posted by pokuly pokuly wrote:

20 days without a single strange behaviour. This latest 10.046 driver seems to do the trick here.
I also see the copying speed to a RTL8111H using the same driver reaches up to 115MB/s.
This is across a Puma 7 router and Cat 5e cables.

Have you had issues with the network speed?

I'm somehow seeing issues when copying files from my NAS to my PC.
Uploading is no problem.

Must be somehow related to the Realtek NIC since none of my other devices has issues
pokuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 10:12am
Often i get above 110MB/s copying back and forth between these 2 PCs here and sometimes it is stuck to 70-90MB/s. Maybe after several power savings and waskeups during the day?
Doing internet things also slows down the network copy speed. This may be due to Qos in the OS or the drivers Qos.
I don't know other hardware does better. I never really watched the speeds before i had hard hangs with this AMD system.
I have no classic NAS but copy files to the other PCs RTL8111H. That card may cause problems of its own.
9swampy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9swampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 6:16am
Thx for linking the 10.046 driver; doesn't work on my RTL8125 Gigabyte Auros B550 - it's worse than ever tbh. Watching out for next...
Uqen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uqen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:19pm
To anyone still checking this thread, the one on the MSI forum is way more active. To my surprise a user called plentauskas19914d202ca posted a temporary fix that worked for him in that thread. It's basically like alot of other "fixes" aswell, alot of power saving settings in the driver settings that need to get changed. Unlike all the other "fixes" this one actually seems to have worked for me. I recreated all the exact settings he shared on the forum, and since like a week or so, I have had NO disconnects whatsoever. Be aware, other than me and plentauskas these settings did not seem to help any other user with the same problems.
So yeah, it does not seem to work for everyone. But you can give it a try, it's only about changing a few driver settings and then rebooting.

-----

The settings:
You have to go the the Device Properties -> Advanced and disable:
Advanced EEE
ARP Offload
Energy-Efficient Ethernet
Gigabit-Lite
Green Ethernet
Interrupt Moderation
IPv5 Checksum Offload
Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4)
Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6)
NS Offload
Power Saving Mode
TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4)
TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6)
UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4)
UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6)

And of course in Power Management disable Allow the computer to turn off this device.

NOTE FROM ME:
I have also set speed&duplex to 100 mbit/s full duplex
I DO NOT KNOW if this changed anything fix wise, I just did it because I remember reading this in another, old post. (this setting alone did not fix it for me)

-----

Again, thanks to plentauskas19914d202ca from the MSI thread for this fix, which worked for me, and hopefully works for some of you guys aswell.
pokuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 9:44am
Still some fun over here. Once a week it seems after a wakeup and the first try accessing the internet my rooter becomes crazy and reboots.
I didn't realize it early because my ISP does maintenance lately.
It sometimes reboots when i am at the PC and other background tasks may try to access the internet. Today after wakeup i immediately tried to reload a page in my browser and at this moment the router rebootet. No entry in its log.
Is this coincidence or did others experience the same.
Time for returning board 2 as electronic waste ends these days. Already have a B550 candidate with Intel from another vendor in mind.
dboreham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dboreham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 11:41am
I've experienced this problem too. It seems to become worse with a faster CPU, perhaps indicating some race condition. I have found that the issue appears resolved by driver version 10.046, HOWEVER, Microsoft has a penchant for backing out the fixed driver in favor of an older driver signed by MS. This has happened to me twice now, every time the system pulls down a new Insider Preview update. A manual re-install of the updated, signed by Realtek driver again re-resolves the issue. Beware.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic