ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z87M Extreme4 can't update to 2.10 from P1.90

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z87M Extreme4 can't update to 2.10 from P1.90
    Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:00pm
Hello, my graphics card (GTX 770 4 GB) has started behaving odd with the Asrock motherboard, it intermittently will not output a signal to the tv/monitor. When I check the Asrock website I see there is an update for my mobo (Z87M Extreme4) that was released in May 2015. The latest UEFI version is 2.10. My current version is P1.90. The notes state 2.10 contains improvements to VGA compatibility so I figure this is a good chance at solving my problem. When I go to update the mobo to 2.10, it just does not work. If I try using a FAT32 USB and going to tools in the UEFI it just hangs. Likewise if I try to do it by pressing F6 at start screen, just hangs. I didn't try DOS method. I tried Windows 7 method (run as admin) and when it reboots it gets to the Asrock start screen where it says press F2 or del to enter UEFI menu and just hangs. I left it at that screen for 20 minutes, it does nothing. I have to turn the computer off, then it doesnt boot up at all, just stops at the Asrock start screen. I thought it was bricked but then I tried resetting the cmos jumper and thankfully that restored original P1.90 so I can use the computer again. I have tried heaps of times using USB and Windows to update to 2.10 but it just doesn't work... please help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic