ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Gaming K6 + HyperX predator DDR4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Gaming K6 + HyperX predator DDR4
    Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 8:51pm
Hello Everyone,
I have try to serach in past topic but I have not solved.

I have just buy an ASROCK Z170 Gaming K6 with 1 kit (4 x 4GB) of DDR4 HyperX predator (HX430C15PB2K4/16), so when I try to install Windows 10 Home on this system came out multiple error, everytime different (all BSOD), so I try to test single piece of ram, in every slot, and all work fine, when I put every (4) bank together the system goes mad. I have try to serch web but, nothing exhaustive.
Someone can help me?
Thanks in advance.
p.s. This is the first time i write this forum, if I have done somethig wrong please excuse me.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:16pm
You are in the right place and posted in the correct section Wink

What BIOS version are you using and have you tried updating to the latest?
Jeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 10:23pm
Thank you Xaltar, Bios versione P1.90, no I haven't tried to upgrade (i hate bios upgrade) i'm scared that something bad can happen.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:30pm
The BIOS is where memory compatibility is determined so if it isn't compatible then an update is always the first step. If you do by some cruel twist of fate encounter a problem with the flash you need only contact ASRock tech support and order a new BIOS chip for your board which will set you back a whopping..... $5.00 Smile

Luckily the days of bricking your board and needing to replace it because the BIOS update went south are over so proceed with confidence Wink
Just be sure to use the instant flash method as it is the safest, wouldn't want to have to fork out $5 for nothing.
Jeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 12:59am
Thank you, I have followed your words and I find in Asrock Website the bios version for the Mobo but 1.90 seems to be the lastest version, I have to substitute the old with the new one (find online)?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:12am
If you click the icon with a + on it it will give you step by step instructions to update your BIOS. Be sure to read it carefully and that you understand what you are doing before you update. 

There is a video by ASRock that will walk you through the process too if it helps.
Jeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:14am
But I have to substitute even if I have already versione 1.90?Confused
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:17am
Oh, no you do not. If you already have the latest version then you do not need to update.

If you are on the latest BIOS then we need to start troubleshooting your problem now.

Have you set your RAM XMP profile in the UEFI?
Jeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:19am
mmmm no... the UEFI recognize the module with correct parameters so I don't change anything
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 1:24am
http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/ ??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic