ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BeeBox n3000 Bioe update failed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0rph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BeeBox n3000 Bioe update failed
    Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 11:53pm
Well, I`m pretty stuck.

I ran the windows 1.50 bios update and the computer rebooted. straight to a blank screen. I have left It over-night, and came to it today and its still the same :(. I had not choice but to pull the power as I could not get any display.

The system now just boots to a blank screen, no logo no nothing, it checks the usb ports and the keyboard lights come on but nothing else.

PLEASE HELP! system is only a few days old :(

Daz
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 12:25am
Try opening up the unit (with the power disconnected) and short the clear CMOS pads and see if that brings you back to life.
m0rph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0rph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 12:35am
Thanks, just tried that a few mins ago. nothing. still just blank screen, cheers for the sugestion

Edited by m0rph - 21 Dec 2015 at 12:36am
m0rph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0rph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 12:37am
I tried putting the 1.50 bois file on a usb formatted to fat32 it just flashes a couple of times and does nothing

Edited by m0rph - 21 Dec 2015 at 12:38am
m0rph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0rph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 3:51am
anybody know how to get it to do a manual bios update?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 5:21am
Originally posted by m0rph m0rph wrote:

I ran the windows 1.50 bios update and the computer rebooted. straight to a blank screen.

Opps. Stay away from flashing any BIOS from withing Windows.

Originally posted by m0rph m0rph wrote:

I tried putting the 1.50 bois file on a usb formatted to fat32 it just flashes a couple of times and does nothing

What's the name of the file you're putting on the USB stick?
m0rph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0rph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 5:38am
cheers for the reply.

never had a prob flashing bios in windows before :(

the file is -- N300NUC1.50
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 5:58am
Ok, good. Some aren't aware that file needs unpacked prior.

1. As Xaltar said:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=664&PID=3082&title=beebox-n3000#3082

2. Try a new or different output video cable/port to the monitor, or maybe simply unplug and replug current one.

3. Re-seat your memory.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 6:08am
Thanks for the link to the clear CMOS instructions Wardog.

If that fails then you will have to get in touch with ASRock tech support directly. The BIOS ROM is soldered to the PCB so purchasing a new one from ASRock is sadly not an option but they still may be able to help you.
m0rph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0rph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 6:11am
Thanks for your reply, unplugged the battery for 1 hour and its now back to life and running 1.50 :)

appreciate the help.

next problem is I just cant get this thing to play 4k!

I have 2x8gb matched pair ddr3l dual channel and a 120gb ssd. but it just refuses to play any 4k content without stuttering and locking up. its just unwatchable, anybody else found this?

daz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic