ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with 990fx Extreme9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:03am
It is still not working even when plugging my gpu into the 16x slot. I am now getting a D6 error which is a cpu or cmos error. I wonder if it is because my cpu slot broke and was fixed if it is still messed up. I am going to go start a rma request just incase.
Username99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:16am
Wait nevermind, it means the VGA card  could not be recongnized. I am clearing cmos and reinstalling my gpu as it says to do

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:47am
Still has not worked. I am looking for the chipset drivers for the motherboard but I can not find them...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:56am
Welp... I do not know what to do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 10:23am
I have my computer on and working with the new motherboard. I am connected through ethernet till I can get some tips on how to fix my PCI/PCIE slots.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 2:32pm
Frankly, even though you had the board repaired for the broken CPU socket, who knows if the entire board was tested for proper operation.

The PCIe 2.0 lanes for the x16 slots are provided by the 990 chipset. While the 990 chipset is close to the CPU socket, it is not directly related to the CPU socket. So the repair of the CPU socket would not fix any damage between the PCIe x16 slots and the 990 chipset.

Personally, given the damage done by the well meaning but inept people that broke both the CPU socket and two processors, I would not trust that board at all.

Given the results with your video cards and the new board, versus the video cards in the "fixed" board, my conclusion would be the old board is damaged in another way that causes the PCIe x16 slots to be non-functional. Another possibility is the CPU socket repair was not completed correctly, causing a failure in the PCIe x16 slots.

Sorry to say, IMO you are wasting your time looking for a fix for the PCIe x16 slots on the old board not recognizing the video cards, which assumes those slots are working correctly. I doubt the slots are working correctly at the hardware level. Which means BIOS, OS, or driver fixes will not work.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:05pm
I see you edited one of your first posts to now include what/who broke the socket.

I do tend to agreed with parsec's thoughts on this. The board obviously got manhandled.

All your boards drivers and BIOSes can be found at:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme9/?cat=Download

I have a question I haven't seen answered yet. Does the graphics card work on another machine? That they manhandled the motherboard might mean something, static?, took out the graphics card too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 2:26am
On my other motherboard my Gpu works in every slot that is able to run it. My gpu was not in the whole process of my Motherboard being broke as I got it a few weeks later. My gpu still works on my new motherboard but only in the first pcie slot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 2:27am
I am just going to create an rma and see what they can do. Thanks guys!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Username99 Username99 wrote:

On my other motherboard my Gpu works in every slot that is able to run it. My gpu was not in the whole process of my Motherboard being broke as I got it a few weeks later. My gpu still works on my new motherboard but only in the first pcie slot.

You might also, before going to the hassle of disassembling it, contact ASRock Tech Support and inquire. It might be something as simple as a BIOS issue with that specific graphics card they can address.

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

or, if Location: Private is in the US:

Support Phone: 1-909-590-8308
Support Email: support@asrockamerica.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic