ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock G10 Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slosspit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock G10 Issues
    Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 3:12pm
So i have owned the G10 for over a month and i have an issue with it dropping connection while im on the xbox one, this is not my first rodeo setting up a router (not my first router or first gaming router) i have set the port forwarding and Q.o.s. features.  The problem happens more frequently when wife is on wifi i.e. phone or laptop and i am playing xbox online.  i can play for 20min usually a round or two of battlefront or rainbow six siege, then i notice the light on the router turn orange and im kicked back to the main screen, i can still party chat the whole time through the drop out experience, so its usually me saying hold on i will be back in 5 min and my friend saying wtf again.  I replaced a asus ac66u with the g10,  i have never had a problem like this with that router, or any problem after upgrading to merlin firmware. I have upgraded the g10 to the last firmware at this time (1.37). So for the g10 it works great for everything else except gaming for me, as of now i am back to using the asus ac66u, i do take the g10 out of the box every other day to check if a new firmware has dropped to maybe fix my 240 dollar paper weight.  Anyone else that may have a solution im all ears.  

Edited by slosspit - 30 Dec 2015 at 3:15pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 3:29pm
I'm no expert at Wi-Fi but I'll chime in here. I've experienced quite a few problems and glitches in my time to consider myself above normal in the area :)

What iPhone does your Wife have? What Wi-Fi capabilities does it have?

Are you both connected/using 2.4 or 5.0? ie: it's my understanding that the slowest connected device will dumb down all connections on that band to the lowest denominator

Bandwidth at 20 or 40?
slosspit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slosspit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 3:54pm
the Xbox one is wired in cat 5e ,  both channels of the wifi are on,  but all of our devices are on the 5g band i.e. iphone 6s, samsung 65hu8550 tv, laptop, and etc. the 2.4 band is available for friends and guests that have older devices. and its set to auto (20/40)

Edited by slosspit - 31 Dec 2015 at 11:10am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

it's my understanding that the slowest connected device will dumb down all connections on that band to the lowest denominator

I should have said that the above is on the 2.4 band. I don't believe 5.0 does this.

It sounds like you're suffering congestion. I posted above yours asking of the G10. I still haven't seen any innards photos posted and I may yet buy one and sell off the two I bought.

This will sound contradictory to why you bought the G10 in the first place but try moving some of the devices off the 5.0 band and over to the 2.4 band and test.

In the meantime I'll take a closer look at the manual than I did initially and see what else I may offer.
slosspit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slosspit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 2:36am
here are pictures from the firmware pages 
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/slosser/slideshow/asrock%20g10
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:36am
Tough call seeings you're using a wired connection to the XBox. But it leaves me wondering a thing or two.

Turn Gaming Boost to Off and check:
http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/threads/netgear-r7500v2-100-qca-mu-mimo-first-impressions-formal-review.27795/#post-214688

Set both bands Bandwidth to Auto and check.

Both may probably should have a power cycle done after changing just to be sure. If it was me I would. It's just good juju to do so.

Again, keep posting on the/any progress.

slosspit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slosspit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 11:07am
I tried turning off gaming boost after 1st week of owning it, still had same problem, but im going to turn it off and keep it off, also i hooked the g10 back up to the internet (sb6183 modem), i noticed that new firmware dropped today ver 1.39 , fingers crossed i  hope it fixes the issue.  Just wish there was an dd-wrt firmware or something similar. I always power cycle after im done changing settings , it is just good "juju"
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 12:17pm
After update the latest firmware, please restore to factory default. Please follow the Q&A "How to restore to factory default settings? "as below link.
http://www.asrock.com/networking/G10/QA.html
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

After update the latest firmware, please restore to factory default. Please follow the Q&A "How to restore to factory default settings? "as below link.
http://www.asrock.com/networking/G10/QA.html

Yea. Didn't think of this one. We do it to our motherboards prior to and again immediately after flashing a BIOS update.

Yesterday I received the RT-AC68R. Wouldn't you know it. Out of the box the power brick is bad. eBay to the rescue I have one showing up here today, along with the R6300 and some other self-gfited Christmas goodies.

ASUS wanted $49.00USD delivered for a power supply to this router that cost $180.00! Unbelievable... Makes me wonder if they charge $28.00 for a Support CD or $20.00 for the box it came in. Phew was I upset.

NewEgg. Not much better. Send it back for replacement. At my cost and time of course.

What ever happened to cross-shipping? I have no problem with a merchant placing a "Hold' on my card to enable cross-shipping. Somewhere sometime merchants have apparently ceased the practice. Admittedly, it's been a long long while since I've received defective electronics that cross-ship was needed, but still ......... c'mon folks.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 4:11am
BTW, love it.

ibangedyourwifi

I'm gonna borrow that. Here's hoping you don't live near me :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic