ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nahimic driver outdated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordyHun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nahimic driver outdated
    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 4:18pm
Since the last update to the Nahimic windows app (about 2 weeks ago), it doesn't work, because it needs at least v2.5 of NahimicService, and the latest available for motherboards (like my B550 Phantom Gaming 4) is v2.3.

All major MB manufacturers have since updated their driver packages, except ASRock, which still only has the v1.002 of their NahimicUtility package.

I kind of need the features which Nahimic has provided (also, I'm a bit furious that a few months old MB is not getting software updates). I've tried contacting customer support directly, but I've yet to receive a response from them.

Should I be expecting a driver update soon, or should I just buy a dedicated sound card or another motherboard instead?
(I don't need a DAC, so it seems to be a bit silly for me to buy a dedicated sound card, but ehh.)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:52pm
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Nahimic is a 3rd party feature that is basically just a software package. If
your board supports it then the latest version of it should just work. Download
it from it's official source (linked) and see if that resolves your issue.

I will pass along the issue to my contacts at ASRock. I am sure they will update
the download pages (where applicable) soon.
LordyHun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordyHun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 6:06pm
Dear Xaltar,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately the latest version which I can download for my board at https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/#Download

is version 1.002, which has version 2.3 of NahimicService bundled (check "Nahimic3 utility").

The Nahimic Windows APP (what you've linked) uses these services to provide its features, it's basically a frontend extension to the Nahimic software bundle. It's a Windows Store app, and the latest available version of it needs at least v2.5 of NahimicService to work. The Nahimic software bundle is provided by the motherboard manufacturer.

I have already reached out to Nahimic's support, and apparently they've sent the updated version of their software package to all MB manufacturers. Most have already made the new drivers available to their customers, based on what I could see on the Nahimic forums, only ASRock users like myself didn't get an update (it's not just my MB model, no MBs have received updates to their Nahimic-related utilities).
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 6:44pm
I see, none of my boards have it so I couldn't check. I suspect they are running
a little behind on updating the website. I know their web team is very small.
In the mean time, try one of the driver downloads for any of the boards you mentioned
that already have the update, I suspect if they use the same audio codec it should
work with your board even if it is from another brand/model, unless it is coded
to check for a BIOS string to verify the board model for licensing reasons.

Edited by Xaltar - 25 Sep 2020 at 6:47pm
Mr_Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:02pm
Any news on this?
I have the same problem with an B550 Board from ASRock.
LordyHun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordyHun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 10:57pm
Since I'm a SW developer with over a decade of experience AND I've lost patience and faith in an official reply, I've combined another manufacturer's drivers package with the one made by ASRock and stuff's been working for me since.

... and I'm pretty sure that based on this level of support, I'm not going to be a returning customer for ASRock boards. Literally all other manufacturers have updated their Nahimic drivers weeks ago.
Mr_Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 10:21pm
Yesterday i got a new Version from the ASRock Support with Email.

If you want to Test it PN me and you get the Link.
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 3:53am
A big THANKSto Mr_Hunter for the link. Nahimic3 v.200925 is working with my B550 Phantom Gaming 4 MB and the Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC
saihtam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saihtam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 1:46am
Could someone send me the files also? I have ASRock B550M Pro4
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 3:00am
@saihtam Link sent.

You would think that the Asrock techs would get off their collective arses and update the Nahimic app download.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic