ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nahimic driver outdated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by noelman8 noelman8 wrote:

Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Nahimic is a 3rd party feature that is basically just a software package. If
your board supports it then the latest version of it should just work. Download
it from it's official source (linked) and see if that resolves your issue.

I will pass along the issue to my contacts at ASRock. I am sure they will update
the download pages (where applicable) soon.

The Microsoft Store recently has version 1.5.1 of the Nahimic3 Utility app.

after updating the Nahimic3 app from 1.4.15 to 1.5.1 from MS store, reboot and check to see if this new version works with the Realtek 9030.1 UAD Nahimic driver.

otherwise, ASRock may have to ask Realtek for newer drivers (higher than 9030) to work with this new version of the Nahimic3 utility app

not even one month after AsRock releases the driver it's already outdated. i can confirm the latest version from the MS Store doesn't work as it requires a new driver.

i'm not sure what is the point in integrating a function into your motherboard if you have no intetion of properly support it.

nice job AsRock, now we wait 6 more months for an update
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:09am
Nahimic Version: 1.5.1 works fine on my Phantom 4 Gaming MB with Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC, so why even mess around with the Realtek beta drivers.

noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by MadScientist MadScientist wrote:

Nahimic Version: 1.5.1 works fine on my Phantom 4 Gaming MB with Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC, so why even mess around with the Realtek beta drivers.

good question.

then why is the 9030.1 Realtek audio Nahimic driver listed TWICE for the B550 Taichi motherboard? (once at the top of the downloads page for B550 Taichi board dated 11/16/2020 and near the bottom dated 10/30/2020 as a "beta")

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Taichi/index.asp#Download

ASRock support should explain themselves why they did this

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:40am
All the Asrock B550 MBs, except the Taichi, have the 9030.1 listed ONCE as [Beta] Realtek high definition audio driver ver:9030.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic.
An Asrock screw up?
Beta drivers, as most of us are aware, are in the "testing" stage of development, and although finished and applicable, they may not be perfect.
Manp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:10am
Originally posted by MadScientist MadScientist wrote:

good for you i guess... 1.5.1 doesn't work for me with any on the drivers listed for my MB... beta or not...
not that i think it matters... it's the Nahimic driver that's outdated
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Nahimic is a 3rd party feature that is basically just a software package. If
your board supports it then the latest version of it should just work. Download
it from it's official source (linked) and see if that resolves your issue.

I will pass along the issue to my contacts at ASRock. I am sure they will update
the download pages (where applicable) soon.

@Manp
As already posted by Xaltar, Nahimic is a software package, not a driver. I suggest, if you have not already tried, to uninstall from Settings, Apps, Nahimic; uninstall Realtek audio driver from Control Panel, Programs and Features, reboot.
Download and install Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8931.1_UAD_WHQL_NAHIMIC.
Download and install Nahimic 1.5.1 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?activetab=pivot:overviewtab Reboot.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:59pm
@Manp
What motherboard do you have? Does it support Nahimic?
Manp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 3:45pm
B550 Phantom Gaming ITX

btw the Nahimic package provided by AsRock (latest version available is 200925) does install a driver, it's the Nahimic APO Software Component Driver.

if i manually install the Nahimic App provided with the same package (file name fad502ab886441f88baa4a0b9afa3c09.appxbundle version 1.4.something) everything works.

but as soon as the MS Appstore auto update the app to 1.5.1 the app stops working saying that the driver is not up to date. i believe the app is referring to the Nahimic APO driver, not the Realtek one. even the latest beta version of the realtek driver provided by AsRock contain the exact same Nahimic package v.200925

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 12:02am
I opened up Device Manager and under Software Components I found A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component. The driver date is 9-2-2020, V3.0.0.0. It must have been installed when I installed Nahimic3 utility ver:1.4.15, aka, v200925.
Is this the driver you are referring to?

Manp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 12:36am
Yeah mine looks exactly the same but Nahimic app 1.5.1 keep saying the driver is not updated. Previous version of the app works
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic