ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nahimic driver outdated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 3:25am
More updates, I just got a popup on my computer that Nahimic was updated to V1.5.2. It's working and the driver under Software Components in Device Manager has not changed.
What's new on Nahimic 1.5.2?

- Equalizer bugfix
- Compatibility issues fixed
- New supported models
Manp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 5:18am
Thanks for the heads up, i?™ll check it out as soon as i can
Manp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:16am
same exact problem with Nahimic App 1.5.2
keeps saying driver is outdated
noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:34pm
ASRock recently released a 6.0.9066.1 Realtek audio driver for some boards like B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXax/index.asp#Download

try the 9066 driver on your board, Manp

if no improvement, ASRock may have to release a newer version of the Nahimic3 utility package
Manp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by noelman8 noelman8 wrote:

ASRock recently released a 6.0.9066.1 Realtek audio driver for some boards like B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXax/index.asp#Download

try the 9066 driver on your board, Manp

if no improvement, ASRock may have to release a newer version of the Nahimic3 utility package

will try those then. thanks!
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 10:49pm
Except for the B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac MB, for all other MBs Asrock has moved the 9030.1 driver out of beta. https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Drivers
So I downloaded it and installed it, and Nahimic V1.5.2 got borked.

But then this popped up. WTH

Clicked on Update, got this and Nahimic is working, again.

So, yeah, Manp was right, with the latest Realtek driver updates you need the Nahimic driver update.

Manp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:05am
Oh thanks I?™ll try that later!
Manp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:06am
What a mess btw
noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Manp Manp wrote:

What a mess btw

yup. a mess indeed.

ASRock really needs to ask Nahimic support for newer "Extension" driver files like AVoluteNH3Ext.inf & NH3ProductSettings.cab as those files from the Nahimic3 v1.4.15 utility package are nearly 7 months old (dating back to 4/30/2020). Nahimic creator truly needs to package more ASRock specific presets files in NH3ProductSettings.cab for supported ASRock boards if they want them to work with newer Nahimic3 app versions like 1.5.1 or higher.

MSI, on the other hand, has recently updated their Realtek audio driver to 6.0.9049.1 on their web site and has Nahimic SWC driver 3.1.0.0 [slightly newer than what ASRock has] and newer MSI based preset files in their version of NH3ProductSettings.cab in the Nahimic extension driver.

gotta keep up, ASRock
noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 2:47pm
I think that "Nahimic companion" thing is from the Nahimic Mirroring component driver.

like I said before - ASRock needs to get in touch with Nahimic and obtain newer AVoluteNH3Ext.inf & NH3ProductSettings.cab files, especially AVoluteNH3Ext.inf and provide a newer Nahimic utility package that also includes the Nahimic mirroring driver.

the recent MSI versions of AVoluteNH3Ext.inf add the Nahimic Mirroring driver components but other OEM versions of AVoluteNH3Ext.inf from ASRock and Gigabyte do not add the Nahimic Mirroring driver.

I think that Nahimic Mirroring driver is needed (or required) for the Nahimic 1.5.x or higher app versions to work correctly.

MSI is already ahead in the game and few other manufacturers like ASRock and Gigabyte are falling behind in supporting newer versions of the Nahimic app.

a "mess"? more like a "train wreck"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic