ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sf15-t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 8:29am
Just to mention, i am using windows 10 and all drivers are updated.
shenmue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shenmue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 12:19pm
Buy an extension cable to plug with the original TP cable, that's what I did.

The best advice I can give is to change your CPU. AMD Bulldozer CPUs make any motherboard overheating and weak. You can also buy a high-end PCI-express wifi card but both solutions are expensive.

Thing that can help is to put your PC in standby when you can to rest the wifi device as I'm used to let my PC on all the night.
Kassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 3:31pm
I have met such problem before, I know some ways, hope they can work for you. You can isable USB selective suspend, or using CHKDSK Command, the last method is to Use ?œSystem File Checker?? The most important is that you should backup your data first.
Kassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 3:32pm
I find a good website that contains the main solutions and steps, here is the site, You can click to know more: https://www.r-datarecovery.com/usb-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.html
shenmue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shenmue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 1:26am
Well my motherboard has died since then. I bought a MSI and it's much better now. But I've still got some similar issues so I assume the AMD FX8320 was really the weaker point of my setup, especially by plugging a USB wifi receptor on it.
Kassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 2:59pm
Hello, you can use ?œSystem File Checker??to solve the concern

Step1: Go to start menu and type ?œcmd??in the search box to open Command Prompt.

Step2: In the Command Prompt type ?œsfc/scannow??command and press enter to execute it.

Step3: Once the scanning is done, restart your computer and check if the issue ?œUSB Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting??is fixed or not.

There are also many other ways, but I think before fixing this issue, you should recover your files in advance, you can download the Bitwar Data Recovery.
mariaalopez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariaalopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 3:17pm
To fix USB/external hard drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, simply try the below-given steps:
Firstly, you need to click on ?�Windows + Q??then, type cmd
Next, right-click the ?�Cmd Prompt??and then choose ?�Run as Administrator??
In the new command Windows, you need to type chkdsk X: /r /f where X is the new drive letter of the drive /r, /f are the chkdsk parameters.
After this, press the ?�Enter??to just activate the error-checking process & fix via chkdsk.
At last, take out the hard drive and again try to connect it. Then check if you?�re able to access your drive.

Edited by Xaltar - 12 Aug 2020 at 7:40pm
mariaa
yuanyasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuanyasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 1:08pm
I was having this same problem (Dell Inspiron 15 5000) and it was driving me crazy. I'd be typing and the mouse & keyboard simply disconnected for no apparent reason. Updated drivers....took it to the geek guys a number of times.....spent hours on google......was about to give up when someone suggested I check the power settings. DUH,,,,,

1. Open device manager
2. click on Universal serial bus controllers
3. right-click on each one
4. open the power management window
5. check to see if the "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" box is checked
6. uncheck the box and close the window.
Problem solved for this guy......hope it works
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 9:21pm
Also helps to keep USB cables separated from the power cables.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

mariaalopez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariaalopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 9:11pm
Hey??a Few days back this same thing happened to me also. Even after trying a lot, I was unable to fix the USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. After that, I started searching over the internet to solve this problem. Then, finally, I found a very helpful post that describes how to fix USB keeps disconnecting and reconnecting using some useful solutions. Thanks a lot??

You can also refer this article: https://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/fix-usb-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic