ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5700XT Phantom Gaming OC RGB Control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FijianWolf41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5700XT Phantom Gaming OC RGB Control
    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 9:13am
Hello,

I am having trouble finding a way to control the RGB lights on my RX 5700 XT Phantom gaming OC graphics card. I don't need to sync it with my other lighting, I would just like to be able to control it or at least disable it. It is just cycling through different colors and it is distracting. I have tried using the RGB software listed on the support page for the card, but it won't even launch. Is there a different software that can be used or a way to get the polychrome software to actually launch?

My setup:
MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E gaming
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: ASROCK RX 5700XT Phantom Gaming OC

Thanks for any help you can provide! It is appreciated!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:51am
Dear FijianWolf41,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, you can use the Polychrome Sync to control the graphics card RGB LED.
Download link:
https://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon%20RX%205700%20XT%20Phantom%20Gaming%20D%208G%20OC/#Download

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
FijianWolf41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FijianWolf41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 12:18pm
Thank you for responding, I have tried using that software, from that specific download site several times. I even went ahead and tried again given that you linked me to, but still got the same result. I can not get the application to launch once it is installed on my machine. I get a little window that says "Detecting Peripherals LED controller" then a few black windows popup and immediately disappear. then nothing.

Are there any specific system requirements to be able to run the Polychrome Sync software? for instance, does it only work if you have an ASRock Motherboard?
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 4:10pm
Dear FijianWolf41,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding your question, the only requirement of Polychrome SYNC is ASRock RGB Graphics card.
Please install the latest AMD VGA driver from AMD official website and re-install the Polychrome SYNC to try.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
FijianWolf41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FijianWolf41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:07am
Okay, So I tried reinstalling the AMD driver as you suggested, I already had done that before but gave it another shot, and still have the same result.

I also noticed that during the install process I am getting an error message, but the install still finishes. The error message states:

"DetectRGB.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 12:14pm
Dear FijianWolf41,

We have checked at our side but cannot duplicate your symptom.
Have your installed any other RGB control software?
Please help to uninstall other RGB control software, restart the computer and re-install the Polychrome to verify.
The latest Polychrome RGB download link:
https://download.asrock.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v2.0.74).zip

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 06 Oct 2020 at 3:45pm
stevo09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 10:43pm
Hey, man I'm getting this exact same problem with my ASRock 6900xt. tbh it would be nice if they knew about this problem. There aren't really any fixes for it online, it just doesn't connect
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 1:50pm
Dear Stevo09,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.
Regarding your case, could you provide more detail about your system configuration and error screenshot?

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
stevo09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:46am
I have a 6900xt but the problem is the exact same as his it starts to open for a sec then never opens.
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 6:21pm
Dear Stevo09,

We would need more details regarding this.

Kindly submit the form to the following link. We will have technical support check into this.
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp?ln=en

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic