ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Extreme6+ Memory Problem ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:51am
Please post screenshots of the Memory and SPD tabs of EACH stick while using CPU-z.

If the sticks are not exact in their programming this will manifest as you describe.

""Pins are fine"" Then the correct memory slots for two sticks is first priority in A2 and B2, but sometimes and for reasons I'm somewhat aware you might also try A1 and B1.

Failing the screenshots pointing out irregularities, and testing EACH stick individually with MemTest for 6-7 passes each, I'm of the opinion it would be motherboard RMA time. Yest provide the screenshots and do test each stick individually FIRST. If you don't rule out those two tests you stand to get a board back that will probably exhibit the same problem because of re-using a possible bad or defective stick of memory. That would be a shame to waste the time and effort of disassembly and reassembly.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Bzyta Bzyta wrote:

... i guess ill replace them soon with G.Skill Trident Z DDR4, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15 (F4-3000C15D-32GTZ) those are fully supported by motherboard
Or i can get better than this ?

If that 32GB(2x16GB) Kit will suit you well into the future and meets your needs, yea. But remember, should you need more memory, finding a matching kit of them at a later date that play well with the 2x16GB kit you're now considering may prove an impossible task down the road.

On the other hand, if you think you may need/want 64GB(4x16GB) and 2666 is fine, G.Skill currently offers their F4-2666C15Q-64GVR 4x16GB Kit that G.Skill guarantees to work properly on your board.

Also remember, what speed you get from any memory above the CPU's rated memory speed will be dependent on the internal memo[ry controller _and_ just how much voltage you feel comfortable pushing into the CPU and or iMC.

G.Skill RAM Configurator for your Z170 Extreme6+
http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=52&chip=2484&model=2513

G.Skill themselves guarantees all the memory in the above link to be compatible with your board with the latest BIOS ASRock provides as of this writing.

Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Please post screenshots of the Memory and SPD tabs of EACH stick while using CPU-z.

If the sticks are not exact in their programming this will manifest as you describe.

""Pins are fine"" Then the correct memory slots for two sticks is first priority in A2 and B2, but sometimes and for reasons I'm somewhat aware you might also try A1 and B1.

Failing the screenshots pointing out irregularities, and testing EACH stick individually with MemTest for 6-7 passes each, I'm of the opinion it would be motherboard RMA time. Yest provide the screenshots and do test each stick individually FIRST. If you don't rule out those two tests you stand to get a board back that will probably exhibit the same problem because of re-using a possible bad or defective stick of memory. That would be a shame to waste the time and effort of disassembly and reassembly.

I have tried A2 B2 also A1 B1 and the PC just wont start, some errors shows on Dr.Debugg from like 00 to 50 but the PC wont start, right now i have them in slots A1 A2 and they are working fine, its same as B1 B2.

What kind of screenshots shall i post ? Those from MemTest u told me ?

Thanks for help btw
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Bzyta Bzyta wrote:

... i guess ill replace them soon with G.Skill Trident Z DDR4, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15 (F4-3000C15D-32GTZ) those are fully supported by motherboard
Or i can get better than this ?

If that 32GB(2x16GB) Kit will suit you well into the future and meets your needs, yea. But remember, should you need more memory, finding a matching kit of them at a later date that play well with the 2x16GB kit you're now considering may prove an impossible task down the road.

On the other hand, if you think you may need/want 64GB(4x16GB) and 2666 is fine, G.Skill currently offers their F4-2666C15Q-64GVR 4x16GB Kit that G.Skill guarantees to work properly on your board.

Also remember, what speed you get from any memory above the CPU's rated memory speed will be dependent on the internal memo[ry controller _and_ just how much voltage you feel comfortable pushing into the CPU and or iMC.

G.Skill RAM Configurator for your Z170 Extreme6+
http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=52&chip=2484&model=2513

G.Skill themselves guarantees all the memory in the above link to be compatible with your board with the latest BIOS ASRock provides as of this writing.

The question is do i really need 64 gb ? Im planning on multiboxing about 8 accounts in World of Warcraft and playing some of the new games, I wont be doing any graphic stuff, maybe some video rendering stuff and streaming games thats for sure.

Ill take a look into those F4-2666C15Q-64GVR 4x16GB Kit that u linked me.
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 6:12pm
Im losing all my hope, after playing for like an hour or so World of Warcraft computer just froze completely, I have restarted it and got error "00" on Dr. Debugg, turned off the power supply and It started this time but what can be the problem thats causing this ? Is it because of the RAM ? The games uses like 5-6 GB max of what I have,

Ill play some Assassin Creed Syndicate now and see if this will happen or not .
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 6:37pm
Is there anything in your event logs from the crash?
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 6:48pm
Where can I find them ? What I meant the PC froze is that even the keyboard isnt working neither mouse.
peroni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 7:01pm
Bump up VCCIO and VCCSA voltage a bit if you haven't tried yet.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 7:07pm
click run and type "Event Viewer" then open it.

Expand windows logs
Click "system"
Right click system and select "filter current log"
Check the boxes for critical and error then apply

Look through the results, if any, and see if any correspond to the times where you experienced a freeze. If there are errors at those times then they will tell us more about what is causing your problem.

Good luck
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:05pm
If it's a hard freeze as he says there won't be an event entry listed as the system doesn't have any time to create an entry.

Bzyta, I'd like screenshots of BOTH sticks from CPU-z's Memory and SPD tabs, Stack multiple instances of CPU-z in one window to keep it simple and down to only one screenshot. You'll have four instances of CPU-z to get all four tabs(2 Memory and 2 SPD) I need.

After you post those, considering your recent freezes, remove one stick so you only have one stick installed and run MemTest on it for 6-7 passes. Or till it fails, which, consider your problem, will likely again result in a freeze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic