ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Extreme6+ Memory Problem ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:14pm
Bzyta, when I get those screenshots I'm planning to ask you to lower the speeds that your sticks are running, assuming that the screenshots look good and the numbers line up on them.

Too, I'm counting on the screenshot to tell me(us) to where I'll ask that you set their speed, timings, and voltage to.

So don't loose hope. What we'll be doing will be normal troubleshooting. Patience is a virtue.

Edited by wardog - 14 Jan 2016 at 8:15pm
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Bzyta, I'd like screenshots of BOTH sticks from CPU-z's Memory and SPD tabs, Stack multiple instances of CPU-z in one window to keep it simple and down to only one screenshot. You'll have four instances of CPU-z to get all four tabs(2 Memory and 2 SPD) I need.

What do you want to me to exactly, I dont really understand due to my not that great english,

At the moment im doing MemTest with 2 sticks and its at 90% Pass, no Errors so far. I will take a screenshot and post it here once its done.

Im thinkin the problem might be in World of Warcraft itself, the freeze happens usually when I actually dont do anything and just sit in like one place and there is no ppl around me.

I played Assassin Creed everything on ultra/max settings for about an hour and nothing happend,

but I have never had such a problems with WoW and I play it for like 8 years for 12+ hours a day . Thats first time
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Bzyta Bzyta wrote:

Im thinkin the problem might be in World of Warcraft itself, the freeze happens usually when I actually dont do anything and just sit in like one place and there is no ppl around me.

I played Assassin Creed everything on ultra/max settings for about an hour and nothing happend,

but I have never had such a problems with WoW and I play it for like 8 years for 12+ hours a day . Thats first time

Without going back over the thread here, are you the one I suggested using DDU, in Safe Mode, to completely remove your graphics driver, reboot and install the latest trouble free version of it?

Let me find or create a screenshot of what I need from CPU-z. BRB soon.
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:26pm
http://i.imgur.com/yTrOxP7.jpg

here is screenshot from MemTest, do I wait untill there is 6-7 test passed ? and send another screenshot or is that engouh ? The first one took like 40 minutes
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:29pm
Just like the below right image, except where that image is showing all four SPD tabs, I need from you 2 showing Memory and 2 showing SPD.

2nd EDIT: Duh! Prolly should include the image huh wardog. The right one... finally.
Click on it and select View Image to expand it.

In the upper left of CPU-z is a drop=down to select the memory slots. I need 2 instances of each stick, one instance showing its Memory tan an another running instance of its SPD tab.

So you have 4 running instances of CPU-z to display and capture what I need.

Does that explain things better for you?

Edited by wardog - 14 Jan 2016 at 8:36pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:30pm

If it's a hard freeze as he says there won't be an event entry listed as the system doesn't have any time to create an entry.

Bzyta, I'd like screenshots of BOTH sticks from CPU-z's Memory and SPD tabs, Stack multiple instances of CPU-z in one window to keep it simple and down to only one screenshot. You'll have four instances of CPU-z to get all four tabs(2 Memory and 2 SPD) I need.

After you post those, considering your recent freezes, remove one stick so you only have one stick installed and run MemTest on it for 6-7 passes. Or till it fails, which, consider your problem, will likely again result in a freeze.

Ordinarily you are right, a hard lock usually leaves no messages in event viewer unless the event that caused the hard lock occurred while the system was still responsive. It could be freezing due to a display driver timeout, I had issues with my system and World of Warcraft with display driver TDRs (Timeout detection and Recovery). The screen would freeze for a few moments, then go black then recover with a message reporting a TDR. Changing to a different driver caused the system to hard lock instead of recovering but still provided a message in event viewer though this time to the effect of display driver timed out. In cases like this where the screen freezes before the rest of the system usually it is reported in event viewer. If there are error or critical events then the issue may be driver related, if not then it is more likely hardware.

Edited by Xaltar - 14 Jan 2016 at 8:31pm
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:35pm
Ok give me a while I will post images of what you have told me.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Ordinarily you are right, a hard lock usually leaves no messages in event viewer unless the event that caused the hard lock occurred while the system was still responsive. It could be freezing due to a display driver timeout, I had issues with my system and World of Warcraft with display driver TDRs (Timeout detection and Recovery). The screen would freeze for a few moments, then go black then recover with a message reporting a TDR. Changing to a different driver caused the system to hard lock instead of recovering but still provided a message in event viewer though this time to the effect of display driver timed out. In cases like this where the screen freezes before the rest of the system usually it is reported in event viewer. If there are error or critical events then the issue may be driver related, if not then it is more likely hardware.

I don't game, but I've read certian display drivers, usually older ones, can have issues when a new release of the game is introduced. Read of those problems for years and years now.

I believe you. So what you say above is all WoW to me Tongue

Edited by wardog - 14 Jan 2016 at 8:52pm
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:56pm
http://i.imgur.com/La1VVTc.jpg

a screenshot from CPU-z
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:56pm

I don't game, but I've read certian display drivers, usually older ones, can have issues when a new release of the game is introduced. Read of those problems for years and years now.

Clarification

Where after installing new graphics drivers over the top of the existing one and DLL's or whatnot do not get updated in the process.

Resulting in a hodge podge of varying this and that versioning of the now supposedly updated graphics drivers components. Not good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic