ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Extreme6+ Memory Problem ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 3:58pm
Ahh, here we are.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:00pm
OK. Let me wrap my head around your issue for a minute please. I'm still on my first cup of Joe.
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:11pm
http://i.imgur.com/O0Ozb3n.jpg

Here is a screenshot of temps RAM usage etc while playing WoW,

Here are my WoW settings:

http://i.imgur.com/C5EpQFe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ekO6J6M.jpg
Those are optimized by Nvidia GeForce Experience app i just changed from full screen to Windowed because thats how i always play.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:31pm
Trying to wake up I am.....

Ok ...... Did each stick individually pass MemTest?

If it isn't determined that each individual stick passes, then those tests need run first.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Trying to wake up I am.....

I set my alarm to 2:30amEST to be here when you are available.
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 12:42am
Hmm. Can you use HWMonitor or HWiNFO to look at how much of your GPU's memory is utilized? Did the freezes have any correlation with where in the gameworld you were at the moment?
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 2:44am
Ill post HWMonitor screenshot as requested in a moment, the freezes are no longer happening it must have been cause of Addons being copied from my laptop and not downloaded/installed on this new PC. Everything in the game is now fine, I even streamed and didnt have any FPS spikes or anything.

I will be getting 32 gb of RAM soon but I have no idea which ones will perform better for WoW, streaming and multiboxing wow on like 7-8 accounts at same time + streaming . Should I get 4x8 or 16x2 and what Mhz ?
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 2:49am
Originally posted by PetrolHead PetrolHead wrote:

Hmm. Can you use HWMonitor or HWiNFO to look at how much of your GPU's memory is utilized? Did the freezes have any correlation with where in the gameworld you were at the moment?

HWMonitor Info
http://i.imgur.com/QPkCaoI.jpg
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 7:09am
Okay, good to hear that the problem seems to be resolved. I wouldn't have been able to suggest anything further, since you have no issues with your GPU's memory.

I'm not really familiar with Intel's current architecture. However, I am under the impression that it's better to get a pair of big memory modules instead of four smaller ones. I think it's easier for the IMC to handle, although I'm not sure if this is fact or urban legend - especially in the case of the Skylake architecture. If you're going for DDR4 memory, I doubt it really matters which speed you end up getting. However, you should check out different reviews and tests so that you'll have a better idea of what you might be buying. Start here, for example:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8959/ddr4-haswell-e-scaling-review-2133-to-3200-with-gskill-corsair-adata-and-crucial

Personally, I'd probably use the "don't buy the slowest or the quickest"-approach and then see if I could OC the modules a bit.

Edited by PetrolHead - 16 Jan 2016 at 7:10am
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Bzyta Bzyta wrote:

....., the freezes are no longer happening it must have been cause of Addons being copied from my laptop and not downloaded/installed on this new PC. Everything in the game is now fine, I even streamed and didnt have any FPS spikes or anything.

Thank you for posting that. It's good to know your problems seem behind you now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic