ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Extreme6+ Memory Problem ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Extreme6+ Memory Problem ?
    Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 8:31pm
Hello,

I have completed my PC build which is:

ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+

Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake, socket 1151, 64bit, 4.2GHz, 95W, cache 8MB, BOX (BX80662I76700K)

MSI GeForce GTX980Ti, 6GB GDDR5 (384 Bit), DVI/HDMI/3DP BOX (GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G)

Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL16 (BLS2C8G4D240FSA)

Corsair RM Series 750W Modular 80Plus GOLD - CP-9020055-EU

CPU SilentiumPC Grandis XE1236 (SPC099)

SSD Crucial MX200 250GB SATA3 (CT250MX200SSD1)

Seagate 1TB, SATAIII, 7200RPM, 64MB cache (ST1000DM003)

Let me describe my problem, sorry for grammar mistakes english isnt my native lagnuage im from Poland.

I finished the PC yesterday, it was running fine for few hours I played a bit of World of Warcraft, Assassin Creed Syndicate and Rainbox Six Siege everything on maxed settings, there was no FPS spikes, nothing, everything was running smooth.

Today in the morning I start the PC I played some WoW and the game frozen after 1-2 hours of playing. The whole PC frozen not just the game only option was to restart the PC so thats what I did.

It was running fine for 30-40 minutes then I had to restart the PC normally from Windows I was doing some updates and it needed restart. After that I tried to start the PC and I have encounter error on motherboard Dr. Debugg #05 which is related to Memory RAM thats what I read in installation guide. I restarted the PC after this error and a new one pop this time error #00            " Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then clear CMOS " 

I have turned power off for hour or so tried to start the PC but same error #00 pops over and over again.

One more important thing is that the Memory RAM I have supposed to run in DUAL CHANNEL but when I put them into slots A2 B2 it just shows me error #55 and PC wont start, its only working while they are in slots A1A2 or B1B2 so PC see them as SINGLE

I have checked here http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170%20Extreme6+/index.pl.asp?cat=Memory if the Memory are supported by my motherboard and sadly I found out that they are not on the list.

Im really out of ideas, the CPU is installed correct otherwise the PC wouldn't even start right ?

Are the Memory RAM causing the problem ?

/ I dont have any other DDR4 to test with my PC and I dont want to spend more money just to buy a new ones different if im not sure if this is the actual problem.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Kuba

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Bzyta Bzyta wrote:

Are the Memory RAM causing the problem ?

/ I dont have any other DDR4 to test with my PC and I dont want to spend more money just to buy a new ones different if im not sure if this is the actual problem.

What BIOS revision is your board currently flashed to? If it's not the latest NON-Beta Production BIOS I would configure your memory in single channel and flash my BIOS to the newest.

Then check that the memory runs Dual Channel in correct slots A2 and B2.

According to Crucial UK the memory is compatible, but most likely with a newer BIOS revision.

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/z170-extreme6-/CT7687053
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 10:19pm
And if and when you update the BIOS use Instant Flash, but DO NOT flash while in Windows or other OS.

INSTANT FLASH
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 11:29pm
The 00 error is a  CPU problem, and is the most basic problem that happens during the POST process. For some reason the CPU is not working.

Just asking, what version of Windows are you using?

Actually, I believe your memory is included in the Memory Support list. The model number you have in your list of parts is for a two DIMM kit of memory, and the model number in the Memory Support list is for one DIMM/stick of memory. Is your memory this model:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/bls8g4d240fsa

As wardog said, check the UEFI/BIOS version you have on your board, and IF you can, update to the latest version using Instant Flash.

Given your memory and CPU problem, I'm guessing that the CPU is not making contact with the socket correctly. There have been a few reports that Skylake CPUs can be bent slightly by the pressure of the CPU cooler, since the PC board substrate is thinner than previous Intel processors.

So you might want to remove your CPU cooler and CPU, check for bent pins in the CPU socket, and check if the green circuit board at the bottom of the CPU looks flat or if it seems curved or bent.

Another possibility, is the PSU new? If it is new, it might be defective and is not working right. If you have another PSU to try, that would tell you if the Corsair RM is working or not.
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 11:45pm
Im using Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7

Every part of the PC is new, I have got it like 2 days ago.

I have read about the CPU cooler problem aswell, I will remove it and see whats the matter.  Is the CPU too heavy maybe ? Its size is really big
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 11:53pm
Your CPU cooler is not any larger or heavier than some of the others available. I use a Noctua NH-D14, that weight 1240 grams with fans, on my Z170 Extreme7+ board with a Skylake CPU, for several months now, without any problems.

The problem is not that the CPU cooler is too heavy, but that the mounting design puts to much pressure on the CPU. Your CPU cooler seems to have a good mounting design, but I would check that you assembled it perfectly. If you tightened the screws that hold the cooler to the mounting bracket to much, that can cause the problem.

It is not yet known if Skylake processors truly have the problem or not. It might be caused by only a few CPU coolers, or not assembling them correctly.
Tenkei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tenkei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 1:10am
As some people already suggested: Check your CPU socket for bent pins and new BIOS versions. Update your Mainboard to the latest version.
I think that putting RAM into A2 and B2 is the common setup on ASRock boards. Try to downclock your RAM to 2133mhz  with a higher CL (e.g. CL16) if that's possible.  Boot your PC with only one memory if you haven't tried this before.

Your CPU cooler should be fine. I'm using a Noctua NH-D15 on my Fatal1ty Z170 K6 and it works without problems. Check your mounting system of your cooler. Maybe the screws a too tightened and causes the error.
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 1:59am
Pins are fine, the PC is starting but not every time now,  I will upgrade BIOS to latest version and see.

With one memory it wont even start, just shows error realted to memory on Dr.Debugg.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Bzyta Bzyta wrote:

With one memory it wont even start, just shows error realted to memory on Dr.Debugg.

Are you using one 16GB(2x8GB) kit? Or two separate kits for 32GB?
Bzyta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bzyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 8:23am
2x8gb kit
I have updated BIOS to newest version fully reinstalled Win to Win7 this time everything is working fine so far except the RAMs are single channel, they wont start in dual sadly no matter how i plug them, i guess ill replace them soon with G.Skill Trident Z DDR4, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15 (F4-3000C15D-32GTZ) those are fully supported by motherboard
Or i can get better than this ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic