ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme4 bios update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Extreme4 bios update
    Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 9:41pm
My OS is Win 10 64 bit, and I have to questions:
1) What is "Nick's XMP table"? Mentioned in the most recent version.
2) What is the correct way to update using the Windows version of the download? I have followed the instructions in the past but when I restart the bios doesn't update, it just boots straight into Windows. I have run the updater as administrator.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 9:57pm
I am not sure about your first question and google provides no results either. As for the second question it is always best to update your BIOS via the instant flash method. It is the safest and most trouble free method by far.
peroni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 10:55pm
XMP table would refer to RAM timings, probably some chap called Nick has tweaked it for better performances.
With that said, you're always better off with setting those timings manually to get every little bit of juice out of the memory.
Z170 PRO4
i5 6600
2x8GB Corsair DDR3000
SSD 950 Pro (OS) 850 Evo (data)
GTX 960 4GB
2x LCD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic