ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5700 XT problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelonegroover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5700 XT problem
    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 6:57am
Hi,

I'm trying to install a 5700 XT on a newly-built ASRock H310CM-HDV. As of now, the pc can't see the card. For a while, the AMD driver installation package didn't detect any hardware so it wouldn't install the drivers. Today, it crashes at the splash screen. This is the second card I've tried with the same result. It seems to me that Device Manager should at least show the card as a generic display driver, but there is nothing visible apart from the internal GPU. Has anyone else had this issue? I've checked all the obvious things like the plugging and cabling and so on. Windows is up to date.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:18pm
For one .. wrong sub forum.. This one if for AMD Motherboards .. but anyhoo..

Make sure the video card is fully seated .. should "click" in
Make sure your Power Supply is up to the task of powering your 5700XT. I'd run 2 separate leads to the cards power connectors instead of splitting just 1 lead if your PSU has 2 GPU power connectors.

I had issues when the 5700XT first came out trying to run it on my ASRock x470 Master SLI due to auto-negotiation issues. The card wanted to run at PCIe 4.0 and the motherboard didn't know how to handle that and I had to force it to GEN 2 until an updated BIOS came out that allowed me to select/force GEN 3, otherwise it just continually reboot. Maybe you are experiencing a similar issue ..?

|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
thelonegroover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelonegroover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 6:17pm
Firstly, my apologies for posting in the wrong sub-forum. My browser just showed the sub-forum name as "AMD"...
The card is fully seated and it is powering up. I don't have both power connectors in use, but the purpose of the double supply feed is to ensure that the 8-way power connector is not overloaded at high fps. The problem is that the card is not being detected at all.
I'll repost this question in the correct sub-forum.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 6:33pm
I only said that so you'd get, hopefully, better support in the appropriate sub forum ..

..maybe pop your 5700xt in another setup if you can and see if the card is detected or not.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelonegroover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 6:38pm
Thanks - appreciate the thought.

best rgds
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 7:17pm
I moved the thread and deleted the duplicate.

Please list your full system specs, particularly the PSU model and output.
Grumpy_old_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy_old_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:14am
Hi lonegroover,

to me, it sounds like a driver confilct... Download and install DDU, please. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Reboot Windows in save mode. Start DDU and remove AMD gpu driver.

Reboot and see, of the card will shown in the device Manager. If so, download the latest Adrenalin driver and install the driver.

Of not, a windows clean install will help you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelonegroover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 3:52am
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This is a new pc and, as far as I know, it's never had an external GPU installed before. Do you think running DDU will still be helpful?
Grumpy_old_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy_old_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:01am
For sure... Windows will install the vga driver if you have an internet connection. Deconnect your system from internet before running DDU...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelonegroover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 7:01pm
So... installed DDU and ran it (with internet disconnected). Internal display reverted to Microsoft generic driver (and updated driver on reconneciton of internet) but still no sign of AMD card. Did a clean Windows install; no change. No matter what I do, the card remains undetected. This is the second card I've tried and there is no indication of any kind that the card is installed and powered - except that it is!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic