ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z87 OC Formula Customize fan Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 7:51am
I forget this but I said not work(doesn't apply)

Edited by Z87OC - 22 Jan 2016 at 7:59am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:00am
Odd.

Is the version of FormulaDrive d/l'd and used here the correct version from your MB's d/l page(s)?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:26am
The Formula Drive version for the Z87 OC Formula for Windows 10 is Formula Drive ver:2.0.269.

For Windows 8.1, 8, and 7, the version is Formula Drive ver:2.0.49.

There are two Beta versions for Windows 7 and 8, Formula Drive ver:1.0.61.3, and Formula Drive ver:2.0.11.

If you are using a version of Formula Drive that is NOT one of the versions above, it may not work correctly. Normally it won't install if it is the wrong version.

I see what Z87OC is saying is wrong. In his first post with the pictures, we can see Chassis Fan2 at 644 RPM with the CPU at 33C. Then when the CPU is at 44C, Chassis Fan2 is at 652 RPM. So Chassis Fan2 did not change its speed. It seems that the custom settings he chose did not apply, as he said above.

If you are using the ENERMAX EVEREST UCEV12 fan on the Chassis Fan2 connector, I know what is wrong. This fan has a built in thermal sensor (heat sensor) that automatically controls its speed. The thermal sensor will control the speed of the fan regardless of the fan speed control it is connected to. Check the description and specifications:

http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_2&lv0=4&lv1=13&no=31

http://www.enermax.com/files/ProductFile_eng/PF_File/167.pdf

The specifications don't say anything about what speed the fan will spin at, for a given temperature. This kind of fan is not good if you want to control its speed, unless you put the thermal sensor on a hot video card. Unless the air temperature the thermal sensor measures is really warm, it will not change its speed, even when set to 100%.

Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 7:37pm
I uploaded 2 videos, one the MOV name and another MOV1 name.

In MOV video you can see this fan work correctly in CPU Fan 2 position and quickly with each temperature steps be raise up BUT in video of MOV1 this Fan is connected to the Chasis 2 and anything not happen, if this fan has the thermal sensor measures why work on CPU Fan 2?

Why this Xigmatek fan work on CPU Fan2 but not work on Chasis Fan 2,3,4?
http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=52&type=specification

Why this DeepCool fan work on CPU Fan2 but not work on Chasis Fan2,3,4?
http://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/casefan/2013-12/47_637.shtml

If you say to me increase the steps of temperature i do it and put here the result than you see nothing happen.

Installed this version of Formula Drive.

Edited by Z87OC - 22 Jan 2016 at 8:41pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 8:40pm
^^^

Whatever's happening there the pic directly above looks good to me. RPM is represented in a lowing scale as it should be.

Yet/BUT, as parsec pointed out, you'll be able to set it in FanTastic(FT) voltage basis wise, which is how FT Test works, BUT that fan with the thermal diode will take over on self-control on a thermal basis as would be expected. Negating and invalidating any BIOS/FT setting.

ie: the fans thermal diode will rule over any BIOS/FT settings

Edited by wardog - 22 Jan 2016 at 8:41pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 8:43pm
ie: the fan with the thermal diode self-regulates RPM(by design) irregardless of any BIOS FT setting.
Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

ie: the fan with the thermal diode self-regulates RPM(by design) irregardless of any BIOS FT setting.

Okay BUT Why work on CPU Fan 2(3-pin Connector)?

Whiles already this fan was correctly worked on Cha Fan 2,3,4

Edited by Z87OC - 22 Jan 2016 at 9:09pm
Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:17pm
I changed the Cha Fan 2 with Xigmatek fan and the Cha Fan 3 with DeepCool and also changed the bios settings for Customize.

I put here results of them and you can see the anything not happen again, therefore I went for test with other motherboard from another brand and I tested the Enermax fan with Z97 Gaming 3 and I put here the results.

I saying My Z87 OC Formula has problem you say my fan had the thermal diode self-regulates RPM... and problem related to my fan or the better saying my fan's whiles I saying my asrock z87 oc formula worked fine already.

Is this really the technical support from asrock?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Z87OC Z87OC wrote:

Is this really the technical support from asrock?

No. Where did you get that idea? We here are all experienced Users hanging out and making merry.

ASRock Technical Support Email Form link below:
http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:51pm
Dear @wardog
I thought this forum is related to them.

I sent the emails to Asrock_TSD and they said: "Please provide a screen shot(In BIOS temperature information) to us." and "Please check whether your fan is 3-pin or 4-pin.", I sent this page address to them.

I'm sure my asrock Z87 OC Formula has problem.

Edited by Z87OC - 23 Jan 2016 at 6:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic