ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z87 OC Formula Customize fan Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 5:50pm
I still waiting from Asrock TSD for the answer. Unhappy
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 5:00pm
Dear customer, 
Thank you for the query.

According to your information, you feel that your 3-pin fan which connected on Chassis_FAN2,3,4 will not be adjust as you set(the graph of the FAN-Tastic tuning) before.

Since Parsec has explained the fan working to you, we did a test for you as below:
(Z87 OC Formula, Win7, Formula drive v2.0.49)

You can see that the RPM of 49C is much higher than 37C, which means the fan control is working properly.

Please be noted that the 3-pin header control fans by voltage, it's not as fast, accurate as PWM.
In addition, the fan has many design with the voltage spec, then, the CPU_FAN2 and Chassis_FAN is using different GPI/O, which might cause the sequence that you saw.

We hope you can understand.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:19pm
Thanks for responding.

I know 3-pin fan's are controlled by motherboard voltage.

I set the Chasis fan 2 and 3 like yours.

I have shown and written on the images.

Above image in Idle position again.

In fourth image you can see the Chasis Fan2 was decreased rpm in load position than in idle position.

Now, what is your idea?  Are they work properly?

Edited by Z87OC - 27 Jan 2016 at 10:03pm
Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:09am
I 've recorded video from my entire desktop.

Xigmatek Fan connected to the Chasis Fan 2 and DeepCool connected to the Chasis Fan 3 and Now Enermax connected to the Chasis Fan 4.

The water pump is connected to the Cpu Fan 2.

You can see the anything how to work in this video.

http://s6.picofile.com/file/8235705234/Rec_002.mkv.html
how to download:

After minutes, In Idle:

All Chasis Fan 2,3,4 did not come down Whiles Adjusted from Bios/FAN-Tastic.

Edited by Z87OC - 28 Jan 2016 at 6:44am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Z87OC Z87OC wrote:

Is this really the technical support from asrock?

As wardog said, while we are not official ASRock Technical Support employees, we are long time ASRock mother board users. The response from ASRock_TSD is from the official technical support.

I've identified two reasons so far why the fan speed control was not broken on your board. That was that PWM fan speed control does not work with three pin fans, and the temperature controlled speed built into the Enermax fan. You don't seem to appreciate this at all. No one likes to be wrong, but this information has helped you to stop wasting time. Insulting us with your comment will not help you.

What is it that you expect Technical Support to tell you? That you are right that your board has a problem with the fan speed control when their testing did not?

If you know your board has a problem, why are you trying to convince us? Return or RMA the board.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 3:10pm
Fan speed regulation is not purely contingent on the motherboard. The motherboard adheres to certain specifications and if your fans do not adhere to those same specifications the regulation will not work, it is that simple. The different headers on the board conform to different standards, the 4 pin headers conform to one and the 3 pin to another. Both must be fitted with a compliant fan in order for fan speed to be regulated. The fact that Tech Support was able to test the fan speed regulation on the same motherboard means it is not a fault with the product line or BIOS but more likely a local issue on your own system, be it a defective board or incorrect fan types being utilized. If you are certain that you are using the correct types of fan, which by what I have seen in this thread you are not then you can return the board or get it tested at the supplier.

Ultimately, the product belongs to you and if you are not satisfied with it you have the right to return it. Those posting here have tried to assist you and Tech Support has proved that the fault does not lie in the BIOS as their test was successful. The only difference between their setup and yours in so far as fan speed regulation is the types of fans used. That should answer all your questions. Try a different fan, if needed you can ask Tech Support what fans are supported and acquire one they have listed for you. If at that point the regulation still does not work on the noted headers then by all means return your board as it is likely a defect on your particular product and ASRock will be more than happy to help you with an RMA.
Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Z87OC Z87OC wrote:

Is this really the technical support from asrock?

As wardog said, while we are not official ASRock Technical Support employees, we are long time ASRock mother board users. The response from ASRock_TSD is from the official technical support.

I've identified two reasons so far why the fan speed control was not broken on your board. That was that PWM fan speed control does not work with three pin fans, and the temperature controlled speed built into the Enermax fan. You don't seem to appreciate this at all. No one likes to be wrong, but this information has helped you to stop wasting time. Insulting us with your comment will not help you.

What is it that you expect Technical Support to tell you? That you are right that your board has a problem with the fan speed control when their testing did not?

If you know your board has a problem, why are you trying to convince us? Return or RMA the board.

I never intend the insulting yours, I apologize dear @parsec and many thanks from your help.

I'm living in Iran and Sazgar is distributor from Asrock Company.

My motherboard has warranty from sazgar BUT I know if send the motherboard to them, they are say it is ok because fans are turned on and they never test the Customize on Chasis 2,3,4 for work or not work and this is my another problem.

I want from ASRock_TSD to tell them regarding my problem and they test it to correctly and verify my problem, For this reason I try say my problem here until you become convince.

Please see the last video uploaded, I've recorded of Formula Drive and performance it.

Edited by Z87OC - 28 Jan 2016 at 5:54pm
Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Fan speed regulation is not purely contingent on the motherboard. The motherboard adheres to certain specifications and if your fans do not adhere to those same specifications the regulation will not work, it is that simple. The different headers on the board conform to different standards, the 4 pin headers conform to one and the 3 pin to another. Both must be fitted with a compliant fan in order for fan speed to be regulated. The fact that Tech Support was able to test the fan speed regulation on the same motherboard means it is not a fault with the product line or BIOS but more likely a local issue on your own system, be it a defective board or incorrect fan types being utilized. If you are certain that you are using the correct types of fan, which by what I have seen in this thread you are not then you can return the board or get it tested at the supplier.

Ultimately, the product belongs to you and if you are not satisfied with it you have the right to return it. Those posting here have tried to assist you and Tech Support has proved that the fault does not lie in the BIOS as their test was successful. The only difference between their setup and yours in so far as fan speed regulation is the types of fans used. That should answer all your questions. Try a different fan, if needed you can ask Tech Support what fans are supported and acquire one they have listed for you. If at that point the regulation still does not work on the noted headers then by all means return your board as it is likely a defect on your particular product and ASRock will be more than happy to help you with an RMA.

I 've explained my fans were okay but to newly have getting trouble.

I've recorded the video of Formula Drive and performance it about fans, you can see for better understand.

I have 3 fans of different brands therefore Z87 oc formula must be compatible with one of these in the worst situation.

Edited by Z87OC - 28 Jan 2016 at 5:50pm
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 3:06pm
Dear Customer,

Let us explain for this.
As we said, the operating mechanism of CHA_FAN2,3,4 is different with CPU_FAN1,2.
The temperature sensor of CPU_FAN1,2 has a hardware design to monitor the CPU temperature directly.
So it's immediate as you see in Formula drive or another CPU temperature monitor software.

And the CHA_FAN2,3,4 is using a sensor called "thermistor", which located at the bottom of CPU socket between the CPU and the socket.

The thermistor can only monitor the temperature of the space that between CPU and the bottom of CPU socket, so it is not as immediate as the CPU_FAN1,2.
That's why your fan didn't running faster, because the temperature of the space was heating up very slowly to hit the critical temperature.

You can use the Status OLED to check the CPU temperature which is monitor by thermistor instead of the sensor.

Note: The Status OLED will be locked when you running Formula Drive.

Therefore, in order to see whether the fan which connecting on CHA_FAN2,3,4, you can modify the graph of Fan-Tasic Tuning to lower temperature,  then running some loading program for a while.
The fan will running faster as you expect. 

Thank you for your patience.

Kindest Regards,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 29 Jan 2016 at 3:11pm
Z87OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z87OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 5:31pm
Thank you very much for complete explanation.

I tested and put my case in the warm place with the warm air, Specially warm air from back the motherboard and I saw the thermistor perfectly worked and RPM of fans increased up, I changed the warm air to cold air and saw the RPM of fans decreased.

My air room is cold cuz winter season and coldest than summer season to this reason the thermistor works slowly.

Many thanks again, Now my problem solved.

Best Regard's.

Edited by Z87OC - 29 Jan 2016 at 5:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic