ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios Freeze on ASROCK H170 PRO4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:56pm
I have freeze also if I move slowly and without use the arrows...
Totally random...
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:01am
In that case you have a legitimate problem, as I suspected you might. I felt it important to mention however that rapid navigation can cause the UEFI to hang in case others reading this thread did not know that to be the case and wrongfully think they have the same issue you are experiencing. 

Try ASRock tech support, they should be better able to help you as they are the only ones that can correct BIOS related problems if it is the BIOS itself causing an issue with a particular configuration. 

I am sorry if my post caused confusion, I just wanted to eliminate the possibility of rapid navigation being responsible for freezing the UEFI.  

Good luck and let us know if you get your issue resolved Thumbs Up
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:14am
OK,
i have noticed the issue ever time with version 1.90
The version 1,60 is the best, only one time...
Ok
i will keep update the post if i will find the solution.
In the mean time I hope ASROCK solve this problem that I think is present in al lot of motherboard...
jcarlson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcarlson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 12:25am
Hi, same random freezes on my Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming i7, even by using only mouse in slow motion.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 2:08am
ASRock all day have been putting online new BIOSes that incorporate the Skylake specific "complex number" BIOS patch Intel just recently released to ALL motherboard manufacturers.

Please check your boards BIOS download pages.
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 3:43am
Also new Bios 2.00 has the same issue of the oldest...

Try to keep the Boot type as "NORMAL", not in "Fast" or "Ultra Fast" mode.

It seems with mine It works fine... without freeze...

Keep me update, if this solve the problem.
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 5:36am
I have pretty much always used Normal boot as opposed to fast or ultra fast. 

I find that new 2.50 bios to be by far the worst yet. It can freeze up before I even move the mouse. What I mean by freeze up is the mouse moves just fine but the bios is totally unresponsive.

So bad that I flipped over to the second bios running 2.31.
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 3:48pm
Nothing to do...
The issue is yet present...
I hope Asrock will update these Bios... :( 
cainn24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cainn24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by DooRules DooRules wrote:

I have pretty much always used Normal boot as opposed to fast or ultra fast. 

I find that new 2.50 bios to be by far the worst yet. It can freeze up before I even move the mouse. What I mean by freeze up is the mouse moves just fine but the bios is totally unresponsive.

I see precisely the same behaviour on the Z170 Pro4/D3, even using the very latest BIOS that was released today.  The mouse still works but the GUI elements become unresponsive.  This happens even after I have been staring at some options for a while, thinking, and then finally try to navigate somewhere else.
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 4:55pm
These issues are present in a lot of the last motherboards...
I Hope Asrock give us a feedback that they are working to solve the problem...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic