ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios Freeze on ASROCK H170 PRO4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by pierin79 pierin79 wrote:

These issues are present in a lot of the last motherboards...

Pick the manufacturer. The seemingly all exhibit/suffer this to one extent or another.

Originally posted by pierin79 pierin79 wrote:

I Hope Asrock give us a feedback that they are working to solve the problem...

ASRock. Or Intel.

Glad I chose to wait on Skylake-E to replace my i7. Broadwell and now these Skylake issues, IMO, the Intel community is still holding pat, and tight-lipped, in their "All bow to Intel" mentality concerning Skylake. Broadwell, that was more a iGPU update than anything else.
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:29pm
I don't think these freezes are a problem on Intel CPU... This happen only in the UEFI BIOS...
In windows the PC is rock solid....
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:56am
And yet, IIRC, it was Intel themselves whom where the major push behind EFI design, implementation, and adoption.

Not rubbing salt into wounds here, but this BIOS(EFI) freezing currently being reported on all manufacturers boards is only relating to Skylake.

Thanks Intel, but I'll wait wait for the second iteration of Skylake, Skylake-E .

Edited by wardog - 28 Jan 2016 at 11:57am
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:08pm
Ah ok, I don't know that this freeze happens also to the other manufacturer... 
Are you sure? where do you find theese informations?
Thanks in advance ;-)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:56pm
All you need to do is search "H170 bios freezing" in google and you will be greeted with numerous threads on multiple forums complaining about the same issue across most, if not all manufacturers. Interestingly the only mention of ASRock on my first page of search results leads to this thread. The same results can be found searching Z170, H110 and B150 bios freezing. This is obviously something to do with the new Skylake chipset and CPUs. I have little doubt that it will be corrected but these corrections need to be made by intel then passed on to board manufacturers to implement. 

While the moderators on this forum do not speak for ASRock and do not posses any inside knowledge of the manufacturers inner workings, all it takes to confirm this is a quick google search. We may be wrong and there may be some other issue at play but the fact that all manufacturers are seemingly plagued by these issues would tend to indicate that our guesses are correct. These are just our educated opinions mind you and should not be taken as factual statements by ASRock or ourselves. 
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:55pm
Ok, thank you very much.
I hope Intel first and Asrock then will unlock this unlikely situation ASAP ;-)
Br, Pier.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:56pm
Who's all here and still yet Subscribed to this Thread?

How many are using or have implemented controlling your 3-pin fans RPM from inside the BIOS? Maybe possibly with AXTU too but for now I'm interested in hearing from the ones that have from within the BIOS.

All by chance maybe?
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:37pm
I have enabled the control from the BIOS for all my 3-pin fans. ALL on Silent.
AXTU? what does it mean? excuse me  but i don't understand... 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:45pm
ASRock Xtreme Tuning Utility, AXTU

Though in retrospect I maybe should state A-Tuning, Formula Drive, or even F-Stream, motherboard dependent. The Windows util ASRock provides.
pierin79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierin79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:24pm
Ok, I haven't installed it...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic