ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resizable BAR support for X299

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamer313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resizable BAR support for X299
    Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:14pm
Hi.

I would like to request an updated BIOS for adding Resizable BAR support (or C.A.M.) to the X299 motherboard lineup.

Currently, ASUS, EVGA, MSI, and Gigabyte have recently begun adding support to their X299 boards, and it would be a welcome addition to see Asrock do the same for their X299 motherboards, and would go a long way in keeping the HEDT platform current.

For reference, my motherboard is: Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6

Thanks.
Gamer313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamer313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 2:45pm
Any official response to this?

I would like to know Asrock's stance on this issue.

I've also opened a support ticket that's also gone unanswered.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:31pm
Hi Gamer313,

Thank you for your post.

Please update the BIOS P2.00B for the CAM function. The BIOS file's download link is as below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rsno6pZty3XS9Y8J-FmpQ1SFUeIbbAUd/view?usp=sharing

After updating BIOS, please follow the instructions below to enable "CAM".

1.boot into BIOS and go to the "boot" page, then go to "CSM"
2.Disabled "CSM"
3.Go to Advanced\chipset configuration, then enable "Above 4G" and "CAM"

Please make sure you are using the AMD RX6000 series or the NVIDIA 30 series with the vBIOS which supports Resizable BAR.

I linked the instant flash SOP as below.
https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8

If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us.

All the best,
ASRock TSD
Gamer313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamer313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 2:20am
Neither of the above links work.

Could you please re-upload again?

Thanks.
Gamer313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamer313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 2:24am
Never mind.

The bit after the last '/' needed to be removed.

Link works fine.
badaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 9:06am
Hello, do you have a link for a BIOS with Resizablebar support for the X299 Killer SLI/ac ?

The most recent bios version available on the support site is 2.00 and dates back to 2019/11/29.

If it does not exist yet, do you plan on release one with Resizablebar support anytime soon ?
Gamer313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamer313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 7:31am
The C.A.M. option doesn't show up if 'Fast Boot' is enabled.

My understanding was that 'Fast Boot' didn't use CSM, and since 'Fast Boot' hides the CSM option, it cannot be disabled.

Otherwise, C.A.M. works as expected.
Raggz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raggz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:21am
I would like bios for x299 Taichi to
badaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Gamer313 Gamer313 wrote:

The C.A.M. option doesn't show up if 'Fast Boot' is enabled.

My understanding was that 'Fast Boot' didn't use CSM, and since 'Fast Boot' hides the CSM option, it cannot be disabled.

Otherwise, C.A.M. works as expected.

I do not have the same motherboard as you. However, I'd like to know Asrock's stance on the subject, juste like you, since I own an X299 board as well, the X299 Killer sli/ac. Please Asrock? Could you tell us what your plans are for the other X299 cards for which there is no Resizablebar enabled BIOS available yet?
Raggz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raggz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 10:27pm
Support sendt me a new bios for my x299 taichi. Now i have Resizeable BAR working. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic