ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] Z170 Extreme4 DrDebug "00" reboot loop
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Z170 Extreme4 DrDebug "00" reboot loop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] Z170 Extreme4 DrDebug "00" reboot loop
    Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 7:28pm
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums Thumbs Up

I open this 3d as I just bought my new rig but I have huge issues trying to install DDR4 in dual channel mode. If DDR4 are installed in dual channel configuration (slots A2/B2) I get a reboot loop with error code "00" shown on Dr. Debug.

First of all this is my rig:
Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel i5 6600K
PSU: EVGA Supernova GS 550W
VGA: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Dual Channel DDR4 kits used (same problem for each bundle):
Corsair kit DDR4 16GB 3000, (2x8Gb) C15 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
Kingston HyperX Fury Kit DDR4 16 GB 2400, (2x8Gb) C16 HX424C15FBK2/16 (reported as supported here)

BIOS tried (same problem for each bundle):
1.80/2.10/2.30/2.40

The problem consists of a bios post reboot ending with error code "00" shown on DrDebug if DDR4 modules are installed in dual channel configuration (A2/B2).
Note: DrDebug post doesn't get over "40" or maybe "50".

EDIT 09/02/2016
I sent motherboard+cpu to store to let them make some tests and surprisingly they got it working and reported it with images you can find here.

I start thinking maybe CPU wasn't installed properly? Maybe I had to perform a clean reset cmos, like described here?

EDIT 12/02/2016 SOLVED
1. Clean reset of the board, like described here.
2. Kingston DDR4 kit was faulty.
3. Switching dimms may fix this.

Edited by Coolshark - 13 Feb 2016 at 2:24am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Coolshark Coolshark wrote:

Honestly this is my first ASRock motherboard BUT it will also be the last if the board is to RMA and make me loose 1month of work.

That doesn't exactly inspire one to help. Just sayin'

The Kingston and Corsair memory. Have you yourself verified that either are certified by Kingston and Corsair to function properly on your motherboard.

That's the first thing needing done here.
Coolshark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Honestly this is my first ASRock motherboard BUT it will also be the last if the board is to RMA and make me loose 1month of work.

That doesn't exactly inspire one to help. Just sayin'

The Kingston and Corsair memory. Have you yourself verified that either are certified by Kingston and Corsair to function properly on your motherboard.

That's the first thing needing done here.

Hello Wardog, sorry because I wrote the post I was very angry.

The Kingston modules are certified as fully tested/supported on the motherboard DDR4 support list, the code is the following: HX424C15FBK2/16
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170%20Extreme4/index.it.asp?cat=Memory

Edited by Coolshark - 01 Feb 2016 at 8:10pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:18pm
Using your Kingston kit you have there .......

1. Power down, unplug power from wall, press and hold the cases Power button down for ~10secs, then put the sticks in memory slots A2 and B2.

2. Before turning back on and while still DISconnected from the wall, clear your CMOS/BIOS

3. Power it back up and report back what happens.
Coolshark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:43pm
Hello, I used your instructions but the problem is still the same. I'll soon provide you a short video of the issue.

Edited by Coolshark - 01 Feb 2016 at 8:43pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:46pm
No vid req'd.

1. Using ONLY one stick of the Kingston place it in B2 and see what she does

?? nothing, then go to step 2

2. Using the OTHER stick place it in B2 to test and report back please
Coolshark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 9:26pm
Hello, seems like it's working now, but listen...

I followed your instructions and installed the Kingstone ones, problem was still there..

Than I switched to the Corsair ones and... bam! Works...

If disconnect AC, press 10 seconds power button, than reset CMOS and install ram: Corsair works in dual channel, Kingston ones I have reboot issues...

Also, now I'm working on bench table, everything outside the case, I'm gonna mount everything and see if it's still working...

Also I'm running a Memtest on the Corsair ones right now, 70% now and no errors..

Edited by Coolshark - 01 Feb 2016 at 9:26pm
Coolshark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:12pm
Hello, installed the motherboard into case (I didn't even removed DDR from motherboard while reinstalling), same reboot error...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:22pm

Hello, seems like it's working now, but listen...

I followed your instructions and installed the Kingstone ones, problem was still there..

Than I switched to the Corsair ones and... bam! Works...

That right there is the process I was following. The Kingstons I did look at on the Kingston site to verify compatibility so I was guiding you to test them each first. And then it would have been repeating these steps with the Corsair. Good. It's running now.

Just below your SATA ports are both BIOS chips with a white sticker over one or both. What is printed on the sticker(s)? That will be the BIOS revision of when the board was packaged at the factory. If you haven't flashed the BIOS(couldn't, as no working memory!), and the board is new, not reman'd, open box, or used, then the sticker represents the BIOS the board is current flashed/running.

Before proceeding further after stability tests, what is printed on the sticker(s)?

And don't just go off after reading this and flash your BIOS! There may be an order that needs followed but w/o knowing your current BIOS rev. I can't say.
Coolshark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 10:26pm
Hello,

the printed sticker for bios is P1.80 but I've already upgraded it to latest version using the UEFI Instant Flash utility. I've also tested other available Bios 2.1/2.3/2.4

Also, please consider that after mounting the system for the first time and getting reboot error I first proceeded upgrading Bios directly from 1.8 to 2.4.

Edited by Coolshark - 01 Feb 2016 at 10:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic