ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios does not support TPM 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpritipalsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios does not support TPM 2.0
    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 4:59pm
Hello,

I bought an ASRock TPM2-S Nuvoton NPCT650/TCG Compliance TPM Module from Ebay on the internet. I installed the TPM module in my ASRock B85M Pro4 motherboard with beta bios v2.60 (this is the latest). It also didn't work wit bios v2.50. The manual doesn't say that mobo is not compatible with TPM2-S (TPM V2.0) module.

In the UEFI setup, under Advanced\Trusted Computing, I have enabled:
Auto Detect Security Device
Security Device Support

I also enabled Secure Boot and Installed the Keys.

but the Current Status Information is Support Turned Off remains.

When I run tpm.msc, Windows says that the Compatible Trusted Platform Module (TPM) cannot be found on this computer. Verify that this computer has a 1.2 TPM or later and it is turned on in the BIOS.

Can you please add support to the BIOS for this TPM 2.0 module?

Thanks,

Boyke
dpritipalsingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpritipalsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 8:57pm
First time posting here. I didn't see the sticky post:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19151&title=tpm-2-0-support-and-windows-11-intel

Guess there is no TPM2.0 support for this old motherboard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpritipalsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:57pm
ASRock Support Rocks!!!
I have just received BIOS 2.50K from ASRock Support The Netherlands.
It works. The TPM 2.0 module is detected in UEFI BIOS and Windows 10. Boot process takes a bit longer, but nothing problematic.
However Secure Boot is not detected in Windows, despite being enabled in the BIOS and installing factory keys in BIOS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpritipalsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:58pm
Forgot to mention my CPU is i5-4460.
eaube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 2:42am
I've got the same problem here with my Z87E-ITX, I enabled the TPM in UEFI BIOS but Windows 10 says TPM 2.0 not detected. My BIOS is on P2.50. I saw that someone's post on the internet that he received BIOS 2.70A from support and it caused long boot time, maybe they've fixed it by now.My system is a core i5 4570S.
noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 3:46am
Originally posted by eaube eaube wrote:

I've got the same problem here with my Z87E-ITX, I enabled the TPM in UEFI BIOS but Windows 10 says TPM 2.0 not detected. My BIOS is on P2.50. I saw that someone's post on the internet that he received BIOS 2.70A from support and it caused long boot time, maybe they've fixed it by now.My system is a core i5 4570S.

what version of TPM do you really have for your Z87E-ITX board, eaube?
maybe it's TPM 1.2 and not 2.0; that's why TPM2 is not recognized in Win10
eaube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 4:18am
I added a Asrock TPM2-S module to my board and enabled it in BIOS and it will not activate and also cannot be seen by Windows 10.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpritipalsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:53am
You need to contact Asrock Support and request a modified BIOS for your motherboard. Once you have flashed it with the new BIOS, it will detect the TPM chip.
eaube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 3:14am
Thank you for the info, I will do that.
hardeep0607 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardeep0607 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 11:51pm
You can try enabling the TPM on the BIOS and check if this works for you.
??Here you need to get into BIOS by pressing the F2 or Del key continuously when the PC boots
??Once you get into BIOS, then click on the Advanced/Security section
??Search for the TPM feature then click on the Enable icon.
If this won?™t work for you then update the TPM firmware & BIOS. In this case, search for your model firmware updates, download and install them.

To know more follow the steps given here: https://www.pcerror-fix.com/tpm-device-not-detected
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic