ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z170, DDR4 2666, low memory bandwidth "scores"...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170, DDR4 2666, low memory bandwidth "scores"...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 2:27am
Originally posted by propergol propergol wrote:

Flashed 1.40, 1.30 resetting CMOS each time : no luck.
I will try other brand and model :

-G-Skill F4-2666C15D-16GRR
-Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Thanks to Amazon for its free return Big smile

But that's definetly not serious from Asrock to list a memory kit as compatible when it is not...

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-2666C15D-16GVR You may like this one, it's for Z170
propergol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propergol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 3:43am
I have ordered both kit Dead ...I was a bit on edgeBig smile

Regarding the OC thing with ram, I can choose nearly any frequency, but also choose inside XMP table.
I already did try everything : nothing change the low bandwidth.
I don't remember if its called OC or not and WON'T GO A SINGLE MORE TIME INSIDE THIS F...G bios todayLOL
greddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 10:42am

I have ordered both kit Dead ...I was a bit on edgeBig smile

Regarding the OC thing with ram, I can choose nearly any frequency, but also choose inside XMP table.
I already did try everything : nothing change the low bandwidth.
I don't remember if its called OC or not and WON'T GO A SINGLE MORE TIME INSIDE THIS F...G bios todayLOL

Yes, there's no problem with others brands just only HYPER X FURY 2666. Now i decided to sell this one away and will buy RIPJAW V instead. At the fรrst time i thought the problem came from RAM but after i claim and got new one, the result is the same so i think the problem happened by my mobo. I try to gathering the info and i found this thread that's why i know it's from BIOS.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/62003-z170-extreme4-poor-performance-ram-bios-1-80-2-10-a.html

Edited by greddy - 08 Feb 2016 at 10:44am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 4:31pm
propergol, take them off XMP and instead set them manually. Clear the BIOS to UEFI Defaults and reboot first though, doing the UEFI Defaults twice before setting them manually.

I've seen here that there are the occasional tweak in SPD timings that for whatever reason some kits just don't like to play nice when set via XMP.

Post back your results please.

propergol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propergol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

propergol, take them off XMP and instead set them manually. Clear the BIOS to UEFI Defaults and reboot first though, doing the UEFI Defaults twice before setting them manually.

I've seen here that there are the occasional tweak in SPD timings that for whatever reason some kits just don't like to play nice when set via XMP.

Post back your results please.

Reseted four time to UEFI default, saved and reboot each time, set then memory manualy : same slow bandwidth.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:11pm

Reseted four time to UEFI default, saved and reboot each time, set then memory manualy : same slow bandwidth.

Late to the show here.

Is this with the iGPU or are you using a separate video card?

Edited by wardog - 08 Feb 2016 at 5:11pm
propergol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propergol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 5:34pm

Late to the show here.

Is this with the iGPU or are you using a separate video card?
IGPU
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 11:44pm
Eww, you have LV, 1.2v, memory.

Throw a different kit in there and retest. Regular/Standard voltage memory.
propergol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote propergol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 2:10am

Eww, you have LV, 1.2v, memory.

Throw a different kit in there and retest. Regular/Standard voltage memory.

Yes its 1.2V, its intended to be run in my home server and power consumption is important as its running 24h24/365days.
But again : this ram is on Asrock compatibility list.

I already tried to run them @1.35V @2666 and even at lower frequency even with relaxed timming = measured bandwidth doesn't match at all the RAM frequency.

I will try in the next days others sticks from other brand as stated some posts back.

Edited by propergol - 09 Feb 2016 at 2:14am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 3:22am
As I said before, I suspect there is some kind of hiccup happening as a result of the DDR4 OC feature as Kingston is one of the brands supported by it. Something isn't dialing in right is my guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic