ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock p67 pro 3 error code 62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
G_Kelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_Kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock p67 pro 3 error code 62
    Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 5:28pm
Well I cleaned the x16 slot in my mobo and out and out the 7870 in again and run speccy (I'm still using a x8 pci gpu) and it now shows ati amd radeon 7800 series (ati aib) but still freezes up at dr. Debug code 62

Edited by G_Kelley - 14 Feb 2016 at 9:23pm
G_Kelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_Kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 6:47am
so speaking of psu what you you all recommend 
G_Kelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_Kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:55pm
if i game for like 24hrs strait its gets warm but for most of my gaming sessions 2-8 hrs its blowing cold air out and this is with the side panel off at all times as my 212 evo wouldn't fit with the side panel on  

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Time for troubleshooting basics .........

Fire it up with that GTX 560(btw, GTX 560 TOP Direct Cu II 1GB @ MAX of 220W 18.3A), run your game of choice and place your hand at the exhaust side of the PSU.

How warm is the air exhausting from it? My guess, for a psu mind you, is very warm to hot.

I should add .......

If you have a vacuum cleaner with 11 fans acting as your case do this with the side panel off to get a better representation of how hard your psu is straining to keep up.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:22pm
Time for troubleshooting basics .........

Fire it up with that GTX 560(btw, GTX 560 TOP Direct Cu II 1GB @ MAX of 220W 18.3A), run your game of choice and place your hand at the exhaust side of the PSU.

How warm is the air exhausting from it? My guess, for a psu mind you, is very warm to hot.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 5:48pm
You will likely need to use a digital multimeter to test for resistance. If you google search "GPU output fuse" you should find a lot of images of both resistors and fuses used on various GPUs. They can look vastly different from one manufacturer to the next so I can't describe what they will look like. 

All the components following a circuit trace should provide resistance though so if you find one that does not that looks anything like these:

They should absolutely have a resistance rating on a test meter. If you find one that does not (it must look visually similar to these, the color can vary) you can try the pencil trick.

For the pencil trick you basically draw a line on the resistor/fuse in pencil that connects the 2 solder points. This should be conductive enough to get signal on the GPU if that is the only damaged component. The thicker the line the greater the conductivity. Generally any component soldered on to the PCB at each end like this should have a resistance rating. Now, once you identify the damaged component/components and tested with the pencil trick you really should replace the broken components with matching ones. There should be numbers on the components that will allow you to order them. If you do get this far you need to be careful to orient the replacements the right way or you will damage other components and probably brick the GPU completely. 
G_Kelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_Kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 5:18pm
so what does said blown fuse look like the reason i am asking i couldn't find a picture of one and thanks to every one who is helping me trouble shooting this "deep" is new to me 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 4:57pm
If the card is detected then it is not the vBIOS. The vBIOS determines everything about the card at post so if it is corrupt or broken the card will not detect at all, not even as "basic xxxx". If it is detecting then the issue is coming from elsewhere and now you need to determine if it is just an output problem, blown fuses or resistors on the outputs or if there is a deeper issue. Right near the HDMI/DVI/ect connectors there should be a collection of resistors and components that trace directly to the outputs. This is where you will need to look, very carefully, for any burned/missing components. 

I personally suspect that the outputs are blown. If it was bad memory or a bad core typically the card will display something, usually flashing colors, garbled nonsense etc. There should be tiny fuses connecting to each of the display outputs but also a further array of fuses and circuitry that connects to all of those. If all the outputs are providing no signal then likely something is damaged at a point before the signal is split to all the outputs. Trace the circuits very carefully back from one of the outputs and find the point the signal is split. Examine the components in that area very carefully, you should find a blown fuse, resistor or IC. 

Interestingly, if you know any electronics gurus this problem should be easy for them to trace and correct, if it is only an output issue then it is no different than the circuitry found on a TV, radio or any other device that has inputs/outputs. I have a friend that usually does this kind of stuff for me for free but depending on where you live it may be cheaper and easier to give it to a professional to check the output circuitry.  
G_Kelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G_Kelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 4:32pm
ive got an old nvidia  8x gpu in there now and i run speccy and the 7870 was detected as a "basic amd video adapter" but i cant seem to find a bios that i can download i went to the power color website looked at my exact card and nothing. I did find a russian website that had a link for a bios download but when i clicked on it nothing happened. I did lean the card and look it over and everything seemed to be fine i hope that its just a bricked bios btw i get no video but the fans work just fine on it

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I just looked up 7870 cards for sale, Used, on Amazon. None were less than ~$150. Given what you paid, I hope it works.

Indeed, for that price it is totally worth having some fun with it and trying to make it work again. Once he has done all the things suggested already I can suggest a few more things I have done on old GPUs to breathe life back into them in the past. 

I used to have a bin full of old, dead GPUs that I would pirate parts from (usually fans and coolers) and occasionally when I was bored would try and revive some of them. The most common cause of failures on higher end cards were failed attempts at "unlocking" them via vBIOS updates. In many cases flashing them back to stock revived them but the process can be tricky. The next most common was failed attempts at adding aftermarket cooling/water cooling where the user cracked/chipped the core. Sadly that is not correctable.

I also agree with Parsec and Wardog on the PSU issue, I would replace it and see if your 560 stops artifacting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic