ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z390 Phantom Can't enable Secure Boot  Win11 prob
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Phantom Can't enable Secure Boot Win11 prob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dinzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Phantom Can't enable Secure Boot Win11 prob
    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 8:56am
I cannot enable secure boot in the BIOS. When I try to enable it says I must disable CSM then reboot to be able to turn it on. There is no enable/disable setting in CSM. The CSM field just links to a menu with 3 fields that each have Legacy, UEFI and something else ( Don't load?) for settings. What do those need to be set to so I can enable secure boot?

I just flashed to the latest BIOS, but nothing changed.    

I am trying to update to Windows 11 on that machine. I converted to GPT, turned on TPM and am blocked by this stupid CSM/Secure boot stuff. I don't know why I am so anxious to install it though, I have it on my AMD/X570 Steel legend rig and I have had 2 crashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.     
Dinzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dinzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 11:39pm
I wasn't able to figure out how to get this enabled, but Microsoft didn't seem to care and let me update with Win 11 the next time I tried.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 7:06pm
Hi Dinzy,

In order for Windows 11 to work, the system must meet several requirements. If you are using Windows as the only operating system then I recommend following the below steps.

In general, when you see 3 options in the CSM field means the CSM is enabled, please make sure the CSM is disabled to support Windows 11.

If with this setting the system cannot boot into Windows, then Windows was still in legacy/MBR mode.

As Windows 11 requires UEFI/GPT mode, you can disable CSM and then make a completely fresh Windows 10 installation.

To support TPM 2.0, please enable Intel PTT under BIOS > Security > Intel Platform Trust Technology > Enabled

All the best
ASRock TSD
BlueBery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueBery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 9:01am
Where do I enable / disable csm because I can?™t find the option. I have a asrock z390
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 5:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic