ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with 5.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with 5.1
    Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 5:37am
Hello all,

Please help me setup my 5.1 Speakers. The drivers are the latest from AsRock website. The sound is terrible, very awful. When I try to set it up through windows configuration, when selecting and testing the 5.1 speakers , i hear only the sound from 2 speakers, the rest are silent. Same story in Realtek HD Audio Manager.

The motherboard is B150M-Pro4

Thanks in advance,
Marek

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by marek marek wrote:

Hello all,

Please help me setup my 5.1 Speakers. The drivers are the latest from AsRock website. The sound is terrible, very awful. When I try to set it up through windows configuration, when selecting and testing the 5.1 speakers , i hear only the sound from 2 speakers, the rest are silent. Same story in Realtek HD Audio Manager.

The motherboard is B150M-Pro4

Thanks in advance,
Marek

Is "the sound is terrible...", and "I hear only the sound from 2 speakers", the same problem, or two different problems?

If it is two different problems, what is the nature of the terrible sound?

Questions:

What model of 5.1 speakers are you using?

Where do you have the 5.1 speakers connected on the PC?

What is your source of 5.1 channel audio? What 5.1 audio format are you using?
marek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 12:59am
Hi parsec and thank you for replying.

Its the same problem. I think the poor quality sound is because when testing the 5.1 speakers or even 7.1 speakers in windows or in Realtek HD audio manager, the sound comes only from 2 front speakers.. there is no sound from other speakers, even when i click manually on the subwoofer , or the speaker on top of the monitor or the rear speakers, no sound comes out from these. The sound of my mp3 music is poor in comparative to how it was on my old motherboard. Its like something is missing, like a deaf sound or like from a barrel .

My speakers are Logictech X540.

The speakers are plugged in my back panel:
Each is plugged in its corresponding color.
- Rear speaker in black
- Front speaker in green
- Central/subwoofer in orange

The source is coming from my X540 subwoofer.

I listen to Mp3. online radio, movies or games (its the same poor sound)
akulp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote akulp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 3:34am
It's driver related problem ... if we're talking about Win10 (I don't know for other versions)
Asrock/Realtek don't support "speaker fill" option which allow you to play music from mp3/YT/etc from all 6 sepakers.

If you select "speaker fill" in Audio Manager (or trough windows) you only get strange echo sound from rear speakers.

Only VIA has onboard audio with good speaker fill support.

I was looking for a solution for 4 days, than I bought SB Asus Xonar ...

marek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:03am
I have win 7 64bit
So this means Asrock suck bad at this point. I think I'll return it and buy another brand who does not have this issue.
Thank you akulp.
akulp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akulp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 2:48pm
It's not (completely) AsRock's fault.

Audio chip is from Realtek. So be careful, a lot of mobo manufactures use Realtek.
But With Win7 it should work. just google around for right drivers.

BTW, did you even try to use Realtek drivers?
marek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:58pm
I only tried the drivers from Asrock website. Should I try other ones?
akulp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akulp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 4:42am
Ohhh....than you didn't do nothing. :)

There's looot of drivers on google. And of course, first try those from Realtek site.
marek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 4:41am
I tried the driver from my old motherboard from 8 years ago which has also Realtek - no luck
Then I tried ALC_898 - also no luck.
Via sound drivers will work?
akulp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akulp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 2:13pm
Did you tried original divers from Realtek....those, made for your soudn chip?

No, VIA drivers won't work ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic