ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error code 60

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote landychev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error code 60
    Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 7:35am
hi i bought one  asrock extreme4 x99m motherboard and intel I7-5820K cpu.
And i have 1200psu so there is power. 

The memory i have is

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (4x16GB) / 2666MHz / DDR4 / CL16 / CMK32GX4M2A2666C16

I get code 60 when i boot the computer. I have tried to change the stick in different slots but nothing seems to help.

Will this memory not work in my configuration ? Cant i use 16gb stick ?

Best regard Alex 
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by landychev landychev wrote:

hi i bought one  asrock extreme4 x99m motherboard and intel I7-5820K cpu.
And i have 1200psu so there is power. 

The memory i have is

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (4x16GB) / 2666MHz / DDR4 / CL16 / CMK32GX4M2A2666C16

I get code 60 when i boot the computer. I have tried to change the stick in different slots but nothing seems to help.

Will this memory not work in my configuration ? Cant i use 16gb stick ?

Best regard Alex 

You have a 32GB kit of Corsair memory as the model number, but you wrote 4x16GB, which is 64GB.

So are you using two individual CMK32GX4M2A2666C16 kits, four DIMMs total, or just one kit of two DIMMs?

I see only one model of 16GB DIMMs in your board's Memory Support list. While that list is not definitive, the lack of 16GB DIMMs may mean something.

Corsair's compatibility list of their memory for ASRock X99 boards might not contain the model number you have, I'll let you determine if the model number you wrote is correct and if it is in this list:

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/dram/DDR4-Compatibility.pdf

Have you tried using only two DIMMs in the two slots farthest from the CPU, A1 and C1? If not, try that first and clear the UEFI/CMOS before you start the PC after inserting the two DIMMs.

If you can pass POST and get into the UEFI, leave the memory at its default speed, which is likely 2133. Do NOT select the XMP profile yet.

In the UEFI, DRAM Configuration screen, look for an option called MRC Fast Boot. It is normally Enabled by default. Set it to Disabled. This allows "memory training" to occur, which helps with memory compatibility.

If you can't POST with two DIMMs, try only one in slot A1. Again try to get into the UEFI and set MRC Fast Boot to Disabled.

You can also try increasing the memory voltage beyond 1.200V. Just as important is increasing the VCCSA voltage and VCCIO voltage. Both of those will normally be increased when using the XMP profile, but you may need it for high capacity DIMMs like yours at stock speeds.

Intel only guarantees a maximum memory speed of 2133 for your CPU. Anything above that is considered an OC. Your CPU may not be capable of running at 2666 with 64GB, or even 32GB.
landychev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote landychev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 5:13pm
Hi i have 2 of this kit = 2x2x16gb, total 64GB . I have tried in all socket put still i can't get into bios. Computer boot up and nothing happens.
As i can se in the list.8Gb chip i supported off this models so why should 16gb not work ? 
Should not the system under clock the memory to its max speed by default  ?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 5:56pm
Capacity is one of the more major differences when it comes to RAM support. Just because an 8gb model is listed is no indication a 16gb model will work. Often the larger capacity model will be double sided vs single sided of the smaller listed capacity or alternatively use completely different, larger capacity RAM chips.

You will need to get your hands on a supported RAM module, use it to post and then update to the latest BIOS and try your existing RAM with that.
landychev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote landychev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 4:00am
Yes update to new bios helped solve it.
Now i can use 64gb ram.

But now i have usb 3.0 problem.
When copy large files, +20gb i get BSOD i do not have that problem when using usb 2.0 port.

I run Windows 10 64bit with latest windows update. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic