ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

no display problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christoss21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no display problem
    Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 12:33am
Hello i have a g41c-gs motherboard and suddenly  i lost signal from my graphic card. This motherboard has an on board vga card but when i plug the cable there i have the message that'' there is no cable connected''
can i have a little help ?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:28am
Have you checked your monitor cable on both ends? I have had the end that hooks up to the monitor pull loose on occasion.
christoss21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christoss21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:23am
Yes the cable it's ok.I have connected to another pc and it's working fine.at my graphic card I had also dvi cable .not working also.that's why I want to connect the display at on board card but it's like been disable.and now my pc without a display it's dead
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:59am
Did you remove the graphics card and connect your monitor to your onboard display? You could also try the "clear CMOS" jumper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christoss21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 3:52am
Yes I removed the card.how I can do the jumber think? I saw this in the forum but for another model.but that means the on board card will work?

Edited by christoss21 - 03 Jun 2015 at 8:52am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 4:39am
To clear CMOS you need to bridge the pins on the motherboard labeled "CLRCMOS"

It should be located at the top left corner of the motherboard if you face the PC cables away from you.

You will need to bridge the 2 pins circled in red with a jumper or a screwdriver, while the pins are bridged (shorted) press the power button then unbridge the pins by removing the jumper or screwdriver. Do not be surprised if the PC will not boot while the pins are bridged, this is normal. Once this is done and the pins are clear the system should power on again. I hope this helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christoss21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 7:14pm
Unfortunately nothing happened.it's like the on board vga does not exist
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:41pm
Is your monitor set to auto-detect a signal from any of its inputs? Check that or set your monitor to use the VGA cable input from the onboard graphics.

One potential problem I see is that the default graphics selection in the BIOS is not On board, it is PCI according to the manual.

That means if you clear the CMOS/BIOS, which sets BIOS options to their default values, it does not set the Primary Graphics Adapter option to On board. You must manually set that option to On board.

BUT if you have no video cards in the board, it should use the onboard graphics if no other video source is available.

If you know your video card works fine in another PC, it is possible something failed in the PC, like the PSU or something on the mother board. When you try to start the PC, can you hear the HDD(s) starting up? If you have an optical drive, can you put a disk in it and hear it reading the disk?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christoss21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:55pm
Hdd working.also optical drive .I saw the light blinking.This is a very strange problem.I had this before at same pc with another motherboard.I gave it to a technisian he check everything and he said that must be the motherboard.so I took the new one with on board card in case the problem was my graphic card.For one year I had no problem.suddenly yesterday I had the same.I remove the card(I damaged also accidentally) and I try to take signal from on board vga. Monitor is on auto detect and it work fine when I plugged in my old pc.I can't understand why the video signal stop at all.I start wondering if can be a power supply problem or cpu

Edited by christoss21 - 04 Jun 2015 at 2:09am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:02am
If you can, try a different power supply.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic