ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock x79 Extreme 6 Dr Debug code 01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Zephyries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zephyries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock x79 Extreme 6 Dr Debug code 01
    Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:55am
Left my machine running last night, and awoke to displays with no signal, MOBO is sitting on error code 01,

0x01 Power on. Reset type detection (soft/hard)

Is from the user Manuel, the AsRock support site has this to say (seems a more broad generalization):

01 - 54 (except 0d), 5A- 60 Problem related to memory. Please re-install the CPU and memory then clear CMOS. If the problem still exists, please install only one memory module or try using other memory modules.

Anyone have experience with DrDebug that may be able to enlighten me as to what exactly this code means?

I have breadboarded this machine for the moment, it has the bare essentials plugged in: 24pin ATX 12v1 ATX (8pin) for CPU CPU and watercooler (i7 3800 series - can't remember exact) One stick of ram (4gbDDR3) - Bought NEW for testing (same error with my original set)

I have reseated the CPU, and tried the RAM in every possible configuration. I have tested the PSU in another machine - That's fine

I cannot test the CPU in another machine - Unfortunately.

Cleared the CMOS

However - upon powering the system up, DrDebug displays its usual list of codes - which is normal, but before it hangs on the 01 error, the one before is 5A:

0x5A Internal CPU error

Now I realize the next step is to have the CPU tested, But I am wondering if anyone around may have some insight, experience or similar issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic