ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z690 extreme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atanasjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z690 extreme
    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:09pm
I bought z690 extreme.

i am using gskill ripsaw V ddr4 3600 cl 14 1.45v xmp. (Ripjaws V, DDR4-3600, CL14 - 32 GB Dual-Kit )

i can not get to boot mine ram to more than basic board reading 1333mhz and nothing .... ?

i swapped slots and everything i could try, i can no firm sa voltage regulation to try to put some more voltage.... ? this seems to help as i looked up in other forums. i do not know.i only boot with default setting ram speed is 1333 ?????

now i am using x570 taichi razer with 5800x. no problem xpm profile goes like butter, OC-ed the stick even to 3600, 14-13-13-28 trfc 315 47ns latency . great results.

why a board bought year prior of newest one is working perfect without issues, and NEW MODERN BOARD is F....d.

What so different in constructing ddr 4 slots has changed in factories that u can not use simple 3600 ddr4 stick in simple manner.

Why is so hard to get working something so simple. Why why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why whyWhy why why why why

fille1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fille1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:32pm
I have problems with my ddr4 3600 corsair rgb pro vengeance on a z 690 steel legend.
In contact with asrock holland,till today no solution.
Contacted corsair almost 3 weeks ago,till today no reaction.
And in contact with the store where this sh*t memory cames from,result,yeah,but the memory is working at 3100,so it can't be warranty.
So this its the way how it works today,never buy anything again from asrock and corsair,and that store can also kiss my ass,only 1 thing aplies,THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY,thats all whats counts these days.
I learnt again a few lessons i will remember when i buy new stuff in a few years,no asrock and corsair.
Like you said,on my memory it in fat letters printed XMP CERTIFIED,so i see it,it doesn't work @xmp,its unbelieveble,i'm very pissed about this.
If in 14 days this isn't finished,i sell the mobo and ram and get new stuff,i'm tired of this sh*t.
fille1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fille1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:47pm
Did you try to load xmp profile in the bios?
Post screenshots of your bios in the dram section.
atanasjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atanasjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:51pm
i wrote in main post,

i select xmp and it can not train it and did not load it
atanasjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atanasjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 9:02pm
ram is perfect i am using taichi x570 razer editions without any any problems, XMP OC all thing are perfect.

this is lazy people do not give a .

Taihci razer ed. was released not even a whole year ago ... or maybe decembre 2020.

How different are both boards, i mean the desing, controlers and whole design?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 12:20am
You need to use slots A2 and B2 for your best chance at getting XMP to work.
These are just the "preferred slots" on all modern motherboards.

The reason your 1 year old board works and the new one doesn't is because the new
one is new, as in, intel still hasn't had enough time to work out all the kinks
in their BIOS. Intel fix things then send along the base BIOS (like AGESA with AMD)
to their board partners. This is what enthusiasts refer to as "early adopters tax".
When you jump on a new platform soon after it launches these are exactly the kinds
of issues you encounter. It isn't ASRock's fault or even intel's or G.Skills.
The platform just isn't mature yet. This isn't like things used to be, every
RAM manufacturer has it's own way of handling voltages, overclocks (XMP is an
overclock) and part selection. There is simply no way to test every single RAM
model before launch.

The issue is made worse by the fact that the new 12th gen core parts use an entirely
new IMC (integrated memory controller) so there are a lot of unknowns involved.
Bare in mind that the IMC is built into the CPU so the same one is used regardless
of DDR4 or DDR5 motherboard specs. Further complexity added to the mix that needs
to be navigated.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand being frustrated. I just wanted to provide
the facts so you know what is happening and why. I do not in any way speak on
behalf of ASRock here either, these are my own views, opinions and conclusions
based on my experience with tech as an enthusiast.

Edited by Xaltar - 17 Jan 2022 at 12:20am
fille1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fille1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 12:48am
oh yes,so customers are that way beta testers,like these days in games.
Aaaand offcourse we must accept that like normal.
Yeah right,if i buy new hardware,i atleast should expect it works with eachoter.
And i called my store,they even didn' known wich memory works with those boards.
So ill buy an steel legend board and have to guess what memory works with that board,cause the memory in the qvl list isn't always availlable at the store.
So what have i todo,buy cpu-mainboard and cooler and come for the memory maybe a month later,c'mon,they better test more or at least stall the release,i getting pissed of that companys these days can't think normal anymore cause of their MONEY,with all those arguments i'm not buying any progress.
I know its not your fault,and i build systems when the 486 era started,but never known that i buyed memory it doesn't work on the board.
Those memory sticks are for years on the market,so it can't be that difficult to get it working at release.
atanasjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atanasjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 4:23am
thank you for honest answer,

but i bought something that i can not use.

How will u feel if u cant even us it at basic settings.

ok xmp is overclock but .....

course i put them in A2 and B2 like is written in manual. i tried even an A1 B1 but nothing.

only way to post is to leave on nothing and run it on 1333mhz and 92latency. Did you think i useful this way.

If the prices were 20 USD ok i will buy all board on market and i will try them all. but ....... the prices are different.

When u buy car did you use it without 4 wheels, or driving wheel ?!?

so now i have to wait until maybe someday i could use it .... ?
atanasjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atanasjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 4:32am
this is mem.

butttt till last week i was on radeon rx 6800xt red devil ..... top end card and i could not boot VGA from primari pci-e slot n 2 Boards: z690 edge and z690 pro from msi.

so i sold it and paid a little more to buy 3080 .....

now i am booting but without DDR, so do you think i just CPU and ALder Lake IMC or .....

Someone somewhere did sh*tty job ??????

Thank you very much.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 1:25am
I never said anyone should accept it as normal
My comment was only to help you direct your anger more accurately. Motherboard
manufacturers always catch the brunt of people's anger over issues like this
while the actual corporations responsible hide behind them. RAM related issues, in
90% of cases these days come down to either the CPU's IMC or the BIOS, neither of
which motherboard manufacturers are responsible for short of some customization
on the BIOS front.

ASRock is far from perfect but they are no worse than any other board manufacturer
when it comes to this kind of issue. In fact, ASRock will often risk antagonizing
vendors (AMD/Intel) to better serve their customers. It's why I have used their
products for so many years now.

Quote Someone somewhere did a sh*tty job.

Agreed. Likely to beat the competition and reclaim some market share, as in
rushed to market. This has been true for decades now sadly and so long as people
jump on new platforms every time they do it, it will never go back to the way it
was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic