ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi : can't install windows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi : can't install windows
    Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 10:23am
Hi everyone,

I can't install windows on my brand new pc

I tried installing windows 10, 11, and even 7 just out of despair. But they all give the same problem.

I keep getting the message that "windows could not complete the installation".
Setup starts, copies the files up to 100%, and then reboots as normal. Then, when windows starts detecting hardware, it stops around 50% and then keeps rebooting until I get the message that it could not complete the installation.

Created USB Installation Media and Bootable Drive via Windows Media Creation Tool, and it works perfectly on my laptop and old pc. I tested 2 different USB drives to rule that out, too.

I have tried BIOS 4.40 up to 4.60 (the latest). I tried with default BIOS settings, with CSM enabled/disabled (doesn't find my drives when disabled ?). All overclocks disabled, no other peripherals connected besides mouse & keyboard.
I have tried 2 different M.2 NVM drives. Same problem on both of them.

This is my setup :

- X570 Taichi
- ryzen 9 5900X
- 3080 ti founders edition
- 2 x 16GB G.skill Trident Z Neo, cas 16 3200mhz
- 1TB & 2TB aorus gen4 m.2 nvme drives
- 1000w seasonic prime gold
- fractal design celsius+ s28 watercooler

I spent more than a year saving up for all the parts, and now i'm just desperate because I just can't get it to work..i'm just about to give up and sell everything :(

Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 10:25am
I'm so depressed at the moment, that I promise to paypal $50 to the person that can help me solve this problem
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 2:04am
Maybe someone from Asrock can help me ? I?™m sitting next to a ??700 new brick right now..
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 6:33am
well, when installing windows, keep comnnected just single drive, that one where you want your windows installed

aynway this will just help you put boot files on correct drive

as far as windows installation goes, there should be log files available
loacation:
c:\windows\panther\
- setupact.log
- cbs_intl.log
- setuperr.log
c:\windows\inf\
- setupapi.log

if you have any bootable disk with OS like linux live CD or winPE (hiren boot CD), please boot from such media and upload those files mentioned above to some hosting server (onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc) and post links

here are links to bootable operating systems
https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ - windows
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/try-ubuntu-before-you-install#1-getting-started - linux
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 7:22am
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

well, when installing windows, keep comnnected just single drive, that one where you want your windows installed

aynway this will just help you put boot files on correct drive

as far as windows installation goes, there should be log files available
loacation:
c:\windows\panther\
- setupact.log
- cbs_intl.log
- setuperr.log
c:\windows\inf\
- setupapi.log

if you have any bootable disk with OS like linux live CD or winPE (hiren boot CD), please boot from such media and upload those files mentioned above to some hosting server (onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc) and post links

here are links to bootable operating systems
https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ - windows
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/try-ubuntu-before-you-install#1-getting-started - linux

Thank you for your reply. How can there be log files if I can?™t install Windows ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 7:36am
windows has logs to everything, even during fresh windows install
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 1:56am
Also, remove the computer from the internet until after Windows and its drivers are in place. It's best to have all the latest required drivers on a USB stick prior to the installation.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 2:07am
I have disabled the LAN controller in the bios and now I can install + run Windows..
When I enable the LAN controller again afterwards, windows won't boot up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 5:44am
can you check that setupapi.log in inf folder what it says?
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 3:30am
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

can you check that setupapi.log in inf folder what it says?

Ok, I will look for the log and post it here.
However, I installed Windows with the LAN disabled (can't install with LAN enabled).
So there will not be a reference in the log about the LAN I think, no ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic