ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

MSI R7-370 - Z77 Extreme 6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmuller99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MSI R7-370 - Z77 Extreme 6
    Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 6:03am
Hi,

I've just upgraded my Z77 Extreme 6 with a new MSI VGA AMD PCIe 4GB R7 370 Gaming 4G H/DP/2xD (V305-030R).

Plug it into PCIE2.

No response at all; all display interfaces on motherboard and graphic card has no output.

It's like boot sequence halts. No beeps or blinking. CPU and Chassis fans are spinning.

I've no idea, what's wrong. Please advice.

/Peter
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 2:51pm
It sounds like your PC is not completing the POST process. Do you normally hear the single POST beep that means POST completed successfully, before you installed the video card?

Did you clear the UEFI/BIOS after installing the new video card before starting the PC?

It seems like you have both the integrated Intel graphics and the video card connected to one or more monitors at the same time. Is that right?

The UEFI should default to the video card as the video source if one is installed in the PC. When a video card is installed and you want to use the integrated Intel graphics instead, you must select the "Onboard" graphics for the Primary Graphics Adapter, in the UEFI/BIOS, North Bridge Configuration screen.

If you want both video sources to work at the same time, you must set the IGPU Multi-Monitor option to Enabled, which is normally the default value.

Your new video card, being a much newer model than your mother board, may require a UEFI/BIOS update for your board. What UEFI/BIOS version are you using now?

There is a small possibility your new video card is defective. Can you test it in a newer PC?

You should contact ASRock Technical Support about your problem:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd-networking.asp
pmuller99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmuller99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 5:59am
Hi Parsec,

Thanks for your reply.

Normally post work well. Single POST beep.

So I did try to follow your advice.

1. Primary graphics adapter: PCI Express
2. IGPU disabled
3. Loaded UEFI defaults (perhaps they did change 1 and 2)
3. Saved and exit

For the first time motherboard display an internal error code: A8

UEFI/BIOS updated with latest version. Did make an online check.

Unfortunately - I do not have another machine with PCI Express slot

Any ideas - or do I just have to take it with support?

Regards
Peter

pmuller99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmuller99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 4:17pm
Hi Parsec + any other Asrock enthusiasts,

I did get through to MSI technical support. It's an issue with AMD Raedon R7 370 models, which do have a VGA bios incompatible issue with Intel Z77. In my understanding it reguieres at least Intel Z107 or Z99 chipsets.

So, I need graphics card with a older VGA bios version.

I would be helpful if I could get some recommendationa or a list of Graphics Card (GPU) from either Nvidia or ADM compliant with Asrock Z99 motherboards.

Regards and thanks
Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic