ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRockX99 Extreme6, Win10+UEFI = Couldn't shutdown
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRockX99 Extreme6, Win10+UEFI = Couldn't shutdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GuruNot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 2:29am
Originally posted by mbtech mbtech wrote:

Some new features about my problem:
- PC run normally for less than 24 hours (after my written operations, with enabled "Windows Fast Startup").
- Today, PC has same problem with shutdown again, so I tried to disable Windows Fast Startup, and it works - this option has affect to funcionality of shutting down process.
- Also I tried to updating/rewriting BIOS to same version 2.10 again, and enabled Windows Fast Startup, it works too, but I don't know how long - I already made this method and it seems to be not permanently solution of this problem.

Please, do you think, that is normally for this motherboard, that I have to disabled "Windows Fast Startup" for correct funcionality ? Couldn't be some hardware problem and reason for claim ?

This is an interesting article about the Fast Startup feature. I personally have left mine disabled after my initial issues.
Intel Core i7 5930K | ASRock X99 WS | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX 2.0+ | SM951 M2 NVMe | QPAD MK-85
DeathAdder Chroma | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | AX860i | Win 10 Pro x64
Smagjus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smagjus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by mbtech mbtech wrote:

Some new features about my problem:
- PC run normally for less than 24 hours (after my written operations, with enabled "Windows Fast Startup").
- Today, PC has same problem with shutdown again, so I tried to disable Windows Fast Startup, and it works - this option has affect to funcionality of shutting down process.
- Also I tried to updating/rewriting BIOS to same version 2.10 again, and enabled Windows Fast Startup, it works too, but I don't know how long - I already made this method and it seems to be not permanently solution of this problem.

Please, do you think, that is normally for this motherboard, that I have to disabled "Windows Fast Startup" for correct funcionality ? Couldn't be some hardware problem and reason for claim ?

I have exactly the same problem with my ASrock X99 Extreme4.

Every time the problem appears (about every few months on average) I had to reset my Bios which should be the same as reflashing the Bios. However I found a workaround so I can keep my settings. The board has two Bios chips as feature and I use one as a backup. Every time the problem appears again I flip the hardware switch to the backed up Bios.

The strange thing is that I don't change anything in the Bios within those time spans so there may be an odd interaction between Windows 10 and the Bios. I don't think Windows can directly corrupt the Bios but who knows?

My current Bios is 2.0 as the Internet Flash feature only offered me a buggy inofficial version named P3.1.

Edited by Smagjus - 11 Apr 2016 at 8:32pm
mbtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 2:42pm
Thank you for all posts. I have new remarks about behaviour of "X99 Extreme6" and optimal settings:

- Boot -> CSM (compatibility support module) -> DISABLED
- Boot -> Boot option priorities -> Only "Windows Boot Manager"
- Security -> Secure boot -> ENABLED
- Boot -> Fast Boot -> "FAST"
- In Windows I have disabled (unchecked) option "Windows Fast Startup" - this is only way to having functional PC.

Another problem appears:

1.) Windows "Stand by" don't work. PC couldn't sleep - When I put PC to "Stand by", I logged of, monitors are turned off, but PC is still running. When I move mouse, "windows login screen" is appearing and I can work again. Windows seems to be slept, but all components in PC case still running. This behavior appeared after I disable (uncheck) "Windows Fast Startup".

2.) When I had enabled (checked) "Windows Fast Startup", there appeared problems with spontaneously awaking from "stand by mode", but very strange awaked mode of PC - PC was running but not respond, monitors were still turned off, I couldn't power off by button on PC case (or button on motherboard), I couldn't reboot by button on PC case (or on motherboard). I have only one chance - hard unplug from power supply. I don't have activated any function as "Wake over LAN" (in BIOS or Windows).

Edited by mbtech - 12 Apr 2016 at 2:45pm
mbtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 1:49pm
X99 Extreme6 - NEW EXPERIENCES every day Big smile
Today, I try to get into BIOS, but it couldn't start, only underscore "_" was showed at left-top corner. OS started normally, without any problematic symptoms.
On the support website is new version of BIOS 3.0 available, so I downloaded it and by "Instant Flash" updated (F6 at startup - this was functional).
Now I can say, that problem with disfunctional "Stand by" is removed - I discribe it in previous message. BIOS is also functional, I can run it. 
I really don't know, if exists some logical explanation for this issue. Hope, that new version of BIOS solve everything ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic