ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q270 Pro btc+ Storage Not Found

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CollegeBum87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q270 Pro btc+ Storage Not Found
    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 10:17am
Recently purchased a q270 pro btc+ motherboard, i5-6500T cpu, and ADATA Swordfish m.2 drive. I reused ram and power supply from a previous build.

Upon booting up the storage drive is not recognized in the bios. I then connected a 3.5 HDD with the same result.

Windows install files are on a flash drive but will not install since a storage drive is not recognized.

The motherboard was purchased through Newegg so I sent it back for an exchange. I received a new board and getting the same results.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 8:45pm
I don't know if this M.2 is a sata device or a PCIE (NVME), but the M.2 slot only support SATA M.2, as is written on the website:
- 1 x M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports M Key type 2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module
As far as I can see this Adta M.2 is PCIE.
Then the HDD, when you hold it in your hand and start the system, you should feel a gyroscopic effect because of the rotating platters, if this is okay, it should be found in the BIOS.
Keep in mind when the disk is formatted under MBR, it will not show up in the bootmenu.
But 2 boards, with the same problem usually point to a user error.
Check the pins in the CPU socket, and do not overtighten the CPU cooler
Kind Regards
CollegeBum87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CollegeBum87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 9:37pm
Thank you for the response. I ultimately figured out the M.2 difference and it worked. Still not sure why the HDD did not work but I did not want to use an HDD anyways.

For future readers I did end up burning up a board by using a server psu with a breakout board. The motherboard manual stated to supply power to both 4 pin molex and sata connection when powering more that 4 gpus. So, I connected a 4 pin molex to 6pin and sata to 6pin between the breakout board and motherboard. As any more experienced person knows the supplied voltage was 12v but those connections expected lower. It burnt the board as soon as I turned it on.

If anyone has used this motherboard I am still curious what will happen if I do not supply power to the 4pin molex and sata connections when using all 12 pcie connections. I have plenty of power from the breakout board and power the riser with its own 6+2 cable so hopping as I add cards I do not have issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic