FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues updating to bios version 7.00

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues updating to bios version 7.00
    Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 12:36am
Thanks for updating with your solution.

Safe mode is always useful with OS related issues after hardware changes/BIOS
updates. Safe mode will automatically revert troublesome drivers to Windows defaults
and load any core drivers that are missing. Often times simply booting into safe
mode and rebooting will resolve issues.
machomier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machomier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:21pm
Incase anyone is interested. I was able to boot into safe mode which indicated to me that perhaps it was a GPU related issue. After uninstalling the GPU drivers in safe mode and rebooting, windows booted normally. After reinstalling the GPU drivers the issue seems resolved. I will now continue with installing bios version 7.20.
machomier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machomier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 8:53pm
FYI im currently using a ryzen 5 3600
machomier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machomier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 8:25pm
Hello everyone,

I was considering buying the ryzen 5 5600 as an upgrade and was under the impression that i needed the new bios version 7.20 for this on my AB350M pro4 motherboard. my current bios version was 6.40, thus I should be able to upgrade to 7.00 and then to version 7.20 according to the support page; however, after updating to version 7.00 my PC will no longer boot past the bios.

Is this supposed to happen because this is a "bridge" bios version and can i now download the 7.20 version to my flashdrive and flash this bios. Or is this an indication that something went wrong and should i flash the bios back to the previous version that i used (version 6.40).

Thanks in advance for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic