ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No POST when remapping Optane 800P, W480

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dtaibi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No POST when remapping Optane 800P, W480
    Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 1:13am
Hello, I need help with the same situation. I have the W480 Creator MoBo, I have the optane 800P card inserted in M2_3. The documentation says that all three M2 slots on the W480 Board support optane, however under the UEFI EZ Mode main screen, M2_3 shows N/A. When I switch to Advanced mode -> Advanced -> Storage Configuration, M2_1, which is my Samsung 980 boot drive, and M2_3 show up for the option to remap. However when I enable the Teton Glacier mode AND enable remapping of the M2_3 optane drive, the board never boots and just continues to power cycle until the UEFI is reset to defaults. I have updated the W80 UEFI to the latest 1.50 firmware.

Please assist me as I would very much like to use this Optane 800P chip that I purchased!
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 8:22pm
Dear Dtaibi,

I think it would be best to use the tech support form
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
It is possible to make BIOS screenshots, using a FAT formatted USB stick, just press F12 to make a screenshot.
The information in the support form, will help to diagnose the problem.
When using a gmail account, check the spam folder for a reply
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic