ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B45M Steel ledgend Cant use all installed memory
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B45M Steel ledgend Cant use all installed memory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dusanyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dusanyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B45M Steel ledgend Cant use all installed memory
    Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 4:16am
At this point i am contacting Square trade i requested support via the web form three months ago and have had no reply it is clear the board is broke and ASROCK does not support there products.
dusanyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dusanyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 3:57pm
tried all of that and ran a test on the sticks they all tested fine
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 2:10am
Other than trying 2 sticks at a time to eliminate possibility of bad DIMM(s), can't think of anything. I guess you could also try populating different slots with the 2 sticks, even though the normal recommendation is to use the further away from CPU slot per channel.
dusanyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dusanyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 6:47pm
bumping this as no response from asrock offishal
dusanyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dusanyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 4:17pm
*bios is latest revision rather
I should not be posting at 3 AM
dusanyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dusanyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 4:12pm
I have the above mentioned mainboad and windows stated that i have
16.0 GB (7.93 GB usable) Booting into a Live Linux USB I see the same issue the BIOS see all of the memory as the system information on the BIOS stated there is 16 GB ram installed.

Information
* Installed CPU is a AMD Ryzen 5 1600
* The memory is 4 4GB sticks (every slot in the board is populated)
* I have a Discrete GPU so the memory is not being shared for graphics
* As this same issue shows in Linux it is safe to assume it is not windows configuration issues
* I tested the RAM modals by running the machine with only 8GB installed with both set of memory
* sticks have been reseated
* Board is updated to the latest Revision and the settings are stock outside of enabling Trusted Computing and secure boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic