ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Taichi crashes / reboots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieter_Wilke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 10:49pm
New BIOS:
X670ETC1.14.AS06
tiltskillet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tiltskillet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 2:32am
Hey Guys if anyone is experiencing crashes a little bit after a reboot with this board after login or during periods of idling I may have found a fix for you. I was crashing once a day during but only during light use(never while gaming) and every 3-4 hours while idling.
Control Panel -> Power options -> Choose the power plan/s you currently use or want to use and go to advanced power settings.
Under Processor Power Management, Minimum Processor State is automatically set to 0% for all plans, you want to change that value.
I started at 25% 1 day and have reduced it to 10% the next 2 days, no crash yet for 3 days and I left the pc on in awake mode 18+ hours one day.
So it could be that these AM5 cards are falling asleep while the computer is not in sleep mode, though I'm not educated enough as to how that happens and why that would cause a restart.
Equalizer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Equalizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 6:49am
Turned off sleep for HDDs seemed to have fixed the Driver Power State errors for me so far. System seems stable, will run like this for a few days then update to the new bios and test again. There are definitely some sleep issues with the bioses through.

Specs:
7950X
x670e Taichi
64GB (32 x 2) Gskill 6000Mhz CL30 XMP(No Expo)
1600w EVGA T2
All ssds/nvmes except 1 8tb barracuda.
nigiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 3:11am
I really want to cry dudes. I tried all the things you said in the 6 pages of this forum. Nothing works.

I tried :
Clear cmos
NO XMP
NO OC
all slepping mode off
CPU Minimum performance to 20%

And at any moment i have black screen with 46 on the motherboard.
That very very bad news.

And the supplier refuse to give me refund.. What can i do plz ?
topdog360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topdog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 3:51am
Did you try disabling C-states in the bios? That fixed all the issues I was having, system is stable as a rock.
nigiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 5:12am
where is it ? i dont find it
nigiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 5:13am
is it PSS Support ?
nigiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 10:12pm
I disabled PSS support and start my pc this morning. I don't touch it during 3 hours. No black screen ! I was so happy !.

I played one hour to wow and at 59 min playing... Black screen again. Impossible to boot. Always black screen with 46 on Dr debug..

I just want to cry.. nothing work for me
lexussmix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexussmix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 12:26am
I have been having the exact same problem for the longest time.
Changed my PSU, GPU, SSDs and RAM..the problem persists.
I created support ticket but no response yet.
1.After the pc has been off overnight i turn it on
2. i log into windows
3. within 5 minutes the screen goes black...reboots (takes a while)
4. after i log in second time pc works great( gaming,benchmarks,media)
I tried different bios versions but problem persists.
reistalled clean windows..problem still persits

i ran memtest,furmark, disk check...no issues

it always happens with the freeze and reboot..
MM
mejohnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mejohnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 1:56am
Hi all, it?™s been a fun couple months since the launch of Zen 4?¦I just want to say I think my issues with the freeze+crash came down to a bad 7950X. 7700X works just fine and AMD has accepted my RMA and is now sending me a 7950X replacement. Once I get that, install, and test with latest driver, I will report back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
  Share Topic