ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Taichi crashes / reboots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 3:44am
Thanks for posting back mejohnc. Good luck with the replacement.
mejohnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mejohnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 8:40am
Just updated to the latest bios 1.14.AS06 [Beta], verified it booted fine with 7700X, then replaced 7700X with a new 7950X from AMD RMA. Booted it, and it booted to lock screen successfully. Rebooted and upped the 4x16Gb to 6000mt/s and so far it has been stable. Last time it would crash all over the place, bios, lock screen, and 2 seconds after logging in no matter the ram config. Smooth and fast so far. Still took 2m+ to initialize the ram so that clearly han'ts been fixed, but swapping the speeds is a lot faster now.
mejohnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mejohnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 8:42am
credit to AMD RMA btw, I dropped my lemon off on the 21st and got a replacement back to me on the 27th. They got me a new CPU in under a week during Christmas! Very nice. They send it back via FedEx Express. The only critique I have is one that has been brought up for years: AMD RMA does not provide you the return tracking, so you have no idea when it's going to show up at your house. Not good.
Katana1074 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 4:52pm
Just to let people know Amd motherboards do not support standard power management of drives (DIPM) I used to have issues with my X670 Taichi, I've found that you need to change AHCI Link Power Management to HIPM...

See here:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/72971-add-ahci-link-power-management-power-options-windows.html

Regards
Landon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 8:08pm
Using X670ETC1.14.AS06 still get freezing after a cold boot on the windows loading screen. Everything works fine after that, until the pc is off for another 6 hours.

Rinse repeat

AMD AM5 Ryzen 9 7950X 16 Core 4.5GHz CPU No Cooler 100-100000514WOF          
Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX RGB Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060048-WW          
Asrock AM5 E-ATX X670E Taichi DDR5 Motherboard          
32GB DDR5 (2x16GB) G.Skill Kit F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5 Flare X5 6000Mhz RAM Kit for AMD          
1TB Crucial P5 Plus M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD CT1000P5PSSD8          
GALAX RTX4090 24GB SG OC PCIe Graphics Card RTX4090-SG-1-CLICK-OC-24G          
* Add a Monitor from this List          
120mm Corsair ML120 PRO RED PWM Magnetic Levitation Case Fan CO-9050042-WW          
Corsair E-ATX iCUE 5000X RGB TG BLACK Case CC-9011212-WW          
1300 Watt Cooler Master V Platinum Modular Power Supply MPZ-D001-AFBAPV-AU
mejohnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mejohnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 12:15am
I am seeing the same thing with 14.AS06 beta. Don't know if my devices are wigging out but it looks like that release is no longer available at the moment.

RAM set at 6000mhz, the device resets overnight and RAM speed resets to 3600mhz
RAM set at 4800mhz, no restart yet.
RAM set at 3600mhz. still restarted overnight twice.

Seems like bios isn't even properly saving/applying the setting. I think it is generally about 6hrs after I stop using it. Sleep is disabled and I just turn the displays off at night. I really hope there is a new release soon...
Katana1074 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katana1074 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 6:18am
bios 1.14AS06 is working fine for me and its still there for download...

https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/AM5/X670E%20Taichi(1.14.AS06)ROM.zip
toX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 6:39am
Hey all, glad I came across this topic as I'm struggling with these problems on my X670E board for weeks now and its driving me crazy.

I haven't been able to get it stable unfortunately, with neither BIOS version.

My specs:

AsRock X670E Taichi Carrara
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5-6000 CL36
AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

I've been experiencing the exact same coldstart issue on BIOS version 1.11, where the PC would simply restart within 5 minutes after starting the PC when it's been off for hours; no bluescreen or anything, just a random freeze/restart. This would not happen when the PC is started while being warm.
Other than that, the system was stable.

After reading that the issue got resolved for some people by upgrading to newer BIOS versions, I got my hopes up and did the same, upgrading to the 1.14 AS06 beta bios.
This unfortunately made the system even less stable. On that version, I started getting bluescreens multiple times a day. Weirdly, apps started randomly crashing and Chrome tabs would also stop working randomly when browsing websites.
Downgraded to 1.11 AS06 this morning, hoping to find the perfect middle ground. However, bluescreens got even worse. System was extremely unstable.

So I ended up reverting back to 1.11. The system now seems to be stable again for the day, but I'm pretty sure this will reintroduce the coldstart issues again..

One thing thats especially bad in my case, is that whenever a freeze or bluescreen happens, my PC then refuses to boot into windows for a good 15-20 minutes as it just results in a black screen after the AsRock logo. I then have to shut off the PC and start again, repeating this process probably like 10+ times until I finally get a working boot into Windows. This is extremely tedious.

So far, this has been an extremely disappointing experience and I hope AsRock can work out the stability issues.

I came across an interesting post on another forum where someone said, they are able to prevent the coldstart freeze/restart issue by running Cinebench right after booting into windows to make the CPU work hard for a couple minutes. Apparently he hasn't had any coldstart issues since doing that. I will try doing that for the next few days going forward and see if that works for me.
toX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 6:44am
Also, one very weird thing that happend to me twice since owning the mainboard for two months now, is that the entire rear IO (all USB slots aswell as Ethernet) crashed and suddenly stopped working. Both times I had to restart the PC to get it working again. Extremely strange but apparently very rare issue.

Also, one thing I noticed about 1.14 AS06 when I still had it before reverting back, is that the EXPO setting didnt work with that BIOS version.
Choosing the EXPO setting didnt change the clocks, timings or voltages at all. It has no function.
On the 1.11 versions the EXPO setting works just fine.
EEPS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 12:57am
I have similar issues, similar config: 7950x, x670e taichi with 64GB (4x16GB) ram. Same instability, crashes etc. The only way I have gotten it stable is by disabling all C-state related settings in the bios. There are a few places you need to disable it, in ACIP config, and in CPU config. Once I do this, I am fine and can run EXPO at 6000 speed. I am on 1.14 AS06 bios. Even with this relatively "stable" config, I still see weird issues when messing with settings in ryzen master, like in can get out of "sync" where the bios says expo is enabled, but ryzen master does not... Or ryzen master refuses to start. Anyway, after clearing settings and only making changes in ryzen master and C-states disabled, I can finally get it seemingly rock steady, even with PBO all core offset (-11) and expo profile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
  Share Topic