ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not Getting Video after new computer build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mornindew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Getting Video after new computer build
    Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 4:00am
Hi,

I am pretty new to building a machine and I have installed everything. I triple checked all my connections and I am still not getting any video. I hoped that the computer would boot into the bios and then I could install my Operating System.   

I was provided the Driver DVD from AS Rock but I don't have a CD ROM.   Am I wrong to assume that the video should work and then the BIOS would boot up? If I do need to install stuff then how do I install it without any video or a CD-ROM?

My setup:

Motherboard: B550M-HDV
RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 3200MHz (PC4-25600) CL16 Desktop Memory Module Ram
Memory: Silicon Power 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 2280 SSD
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Radeon Graphics

Any help would be appreciated.

Cem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 4:18am
Hi
Your motherboard must have bios version P1.70 for support 5700g. The problem is probably related to that.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M-HDV/index.asp#CPU

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M-HDV/index.asp#BIOS

You may need a 3000 series processor to update the bios.
mornindew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mornindew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 5:13am
Thank you very much.   

I should have included the bios version in the original message.   My board says it is on 2.10.   I think that means that mine should be compatible.   It was a brand new motherboard.

Am I thinking straight?

Cem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 5:48am
Can bios boot ya?
If it can,
There is no problem with the bios. A USB stick will suffice to install the operating system. And then you can download all the necessary drivers from the internet.

https://youtu.be/VzqQVELtuHU
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic