ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ram not working in most slots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ram not working in most slots
    Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 9:39am
To start off, I have four sticks of ram, 2x8 GB and 2x32 GB.
I found that the only configuration that boots is when I have one 8 GB stick in the A1 slot. A2 slot gives the '0d' error code, and either B slot shows '22'. If I try a 32 GB stick in the A1 slot, it gives '0d' as well.
I'm not sure what's causing this issue, though I'm almost certain that the ram itself is not faulty, as it's been used in other systems with no fault.

Motherboard: ASRock B550 Steel Legend
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 (8GB: F4-3600C16D-16GVKC) (32GB: F4-3200C16D-64GVK)
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080
PSU: Corsair RM650
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 9:19am
Is this a new build?
How are you installing the DIMMs?
It's DDR4, so you just push the darn things down until they SNAP into place.
Open the DIMM socket tab at one side, put the DIMM in to get it started, and then uniformly push the whole DIMM down, until the tab SNAPs into place.

32GB DIMMs are 100% 2Rank, and the 8GB DIMMs appear to be fairly old, as GSkill site says the SPD speed is 2133 MT/s. So even those could be 2Rank. 3700X won't be happy driving 4 sticks of 2Rank DIMMs. I highly doubt they'll run at 3600 MT/s.

If I were you, I'd just put the 32GB DIMMs in A2 & B2 slots and forget the 8GB DIMMs. I mean, 64GB isn't enough for you? But 72GB is?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic