ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I activate my onboard graphics£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sterredag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I activate my onboard graphics£
    Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 7:21am
I watched some youtube video's but the kinda have the same instructions and those boises are not the same as mine. I've searched for similiar keywords but couldn't find any.

I have an NVIDIA graphic cards in which I plugged my HDMI monitor.

Now I wanna use a second HDMI device / monitor as second screen. I plugged in the HDMI cable in the motherboard (there is also a VGA option)

But it doesn't work. Somehow I can't find where I can activate this option te be found in the bios. Please help.

Here some screens of how my bios looks

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 3:14pm
You will need to look for your "shared memory" setting and change it from "auto"
to any other set value. Unfortunately the setting moves around depending on the
board and BIOS version so you will have to look for it.

Once set to a fixed value the iGPU should be active.
sterredag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sterredag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 3:57pm
Any idea where it could be or where best to look, because I already searched for that option
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 7:32am
Sir, you have a Ryzen 7 2700 processor. (It's a good CPU. I have one myself.)
That processor does NOT have an onboard graphics unit.
Therefore, the motherboard's display output ports will NOT do anything.
Motherboard display output ports are only for APUs (in AM4 generation).
AM5 (Zen4) Ryzen CPUs all have iGPU, as of this writing.

Anyway, I imagine your nVidia GPU has more than one output, likely HDMI, DisplayPort, and possibly one or two more. You can get a DisplayPort->HDMI cable, or a DisplayPort->HDMI adapter, and then use a normal HDMI cable, to connect another HDMI monitor to that nVidia GPU.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 8:32am
Nice catch eccential, I didn't check the screenshots and it wasn't listed.
Eccential is correct, you do not have an iGPU so you can't use the motherboard
display outputs. They are designed for use with APUs like the Ryzen 3 2200g and
Athlon 3000g etc.
sterredag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sterredag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 8:32am
Thank you!

I think it's my mistake to asume that if there is a port for it, It should work like it lol.

Well yes the easiest way was indeed to buy a hdmi to (I dont know how you call the big with port in stead of the small blue one) but I got that one. And my second screen works perfectly.

I immediatly reainstalled my desk and my pc so was a bit offline, so excuse me for the late respons.

Problem solved and WITH explanation. Don't ever asume if there is a plug for it, it would work like that. Lol! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic