ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x670e taichi ppt edc tdc on manual bug£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x670e taichi ppt edc tdc on manual bug£
    Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 2:30am
I've installed the latest bios 1.18 and I have a 7950x.

Under smu settings, you'll find edc tdp, tdc ppt. I decided to tweak these from auto since i was reaching 95c in blender composites and was causing crashes to occur from insanely quick spikes

When I turn off eco mode, it seems to not accept my manual inputs and runs the computer at 500mhz. Does this occur for anyone else?

buttabean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 2:31am
buttabean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 2:32am
also just noticed it's not showing the core offset either
buttabean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 2:55am
i must be doing something wrong because i loaded up bios 1.14 and experiencing the same issue.
buttabean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:17am
https://imgur.com/a/i94zAqo

1.14 with the -30 preset curve shows up but my other settings don't. i guess i'll test a earlier bios and see if it still does this
buttabean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:37am
1.11 gave the same results. I noticed if you set the preset to auto, it will take the all core offset

https://imgur.com/a/1wPDwmE
buttabean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:50am
There seems to be two separate sections in the bios to change these setting. amd precision boot and in smu. trial and error at this point to see if turning one on vs the other works.
buttabean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 5:17am
This has to be a bug. I reset the stuff to auto in the amd cpu sections.

I applied the 85c -30 present and booted to windows. loaded up ryzen master and see the curve applied.

I then go to the curve optimizer and set my settings in ryzen master. hit apply and reboot.

They don't show as being. I get a 608 in the blender benchmark and it maxes temp limit of 85
https://imgur.com/a/E6xJGP0

I click curve optimizer again and all the setting i set are still there. If I click apply, the home dashboard updates with the correct values without rebooting.

with the applied settings i got a 598 in blender with a max temp of 73c

so idk what to think
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic