ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini X300 and onboard graphics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbeko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini X300 and onboard graphics
    Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 6:05am
I have a X300 with a Ryzen 5 5600G and a RX-6400 GPU running Windows 11. The RX-6400 doesn't have hardware encoding so I'd like to use the Ryzen 5600G for this purpose. However, I'm not finding a way to enable the use of the 5600G's APU in the BIOS. I was looking for "iGPU" and then enabling it in the BIOS (per a Youtube video I found) but this BIOS doesn't have the "advanced settings" nor this option.

I'm also trying to use this Deskmini with a KVM. The other computer reacts properly to the KVM when I switched to its side. However, I get no video input from the X300's side even though it's powered up. Thanks.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 5:50pm
I think it's betetr to use the supprot form, and check Your spam folder for replies
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
Desmini X300 doesn't have a PCIE slot
Styandard, when a graphics card is inserted, the built in graphics will be disabled to free up RAM memory.
Usually there is a Share memory option in the BIOS, sometimes called UMA, when this is set to a predefined size, onboard will stay active.
Sometimes (buit that is depending on the Agesa code, You can find it under Advanced>> AMD CBS>> NBIO Common Options>> GFX configuration
Kind Regards
dbeko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbeko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 8:15am
Thank you for your reply. I'll check the BIOS settings as you suggested then check the support forum.
dbeko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbeko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 12:52pm
I meant the DeskMeet X300; I have a RX-6400 GPU in there; I just updated the BIOS to 1.40E (from 1.10) and still don't see any option you mentioned. Thanks though.
Alucard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alucard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 9:17pm
UEFI Advanced tab / press control+Q
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic