ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmeet B660 with pcie 5.0 support£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chromecut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmeet B660 with pcie 5.0 support£
    Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:42am
so this mobo is very similiar to deskmini B660 which has pcie 5.0 ssd support
and with a pcie 5.0 x16 slot and full size power supply
so I would think the deskmeet B660 could handle a pcie 5.0 ssd or gpu with a simple bios upgrade right?
12th and 13th gen are supported both of which supports pcie 5.0

I have heard of people getting special bioses to test and this seems like a chance for asrock to get a free beta tester so does anybody know if this is physically possible? Ive already completely unlocked my bios and comparing them
I can find no difference(yet)

on a separate note I got a pcie 4.0 x16 4 m.2 bootable raid0 raid adapter
knocking down 14,100mb/s smoking the few pcie 5.0 ssds on the market
the problem is that its only running at half speed according to hwinfo
its capable of 24,000plus mb/s-ive removed everything(even the wifi) and shut off the sata-it should have plenty of pcie lanes and each 980 pro ssd downstream is full pcie 4.0 x4-the card even shows its connected at x16 but running at 8gts instead of the expected 16gts-hdinfo says the slot is pcie 5.0 and the usb are 3.2x2 which asrock official docs says otherwise-this sucker doesnt have bifurcation hench the raid card-I finally removed 2 drives as their speed was wasted and I used a m.2 m key to pcie x16 (x4 electrical)adapter for a radian rx6500xt that barely fits in the case lol
I relocated the raid card with a x16 x x16 adt high thruput ribbon cable to the 3.5 drive mounts
I removed(dremelled) the bottom powersupply grate for the fan and put a 80mm fan just inside the mesh pulling air in with a anti bending buckle with an ID cooling 57mm tall (deskmeet only supports 54mm)so first attempt was to replace the 15mm fan with a 12mm fan reducing the height to 54mm-its was too loud and was catching slightly on something-thats probably because I bent the cooler to slide in another 80mm in a push pull directly above the cpu shooting down-that buckle is sweet and made this possible-with the guard removed the orginal 15mm installed and psu fan(which supplies the main air due to its unique design and controlled automatically)a fan splitter to sync them and now getting 48C at max load and she is quiet my friends-13thgen 13600k for $200 at only 6% slower than the 13900k when overclocked with the final victory getting ballistix max 4400 ram speeds powering my special persistant ram drive tool that is coming in at 12,300mb/s not too shabby-no ssd raid even with newest rst vmd drivers-its more geared towed hybrid optane which I had a h10 32gb optane that was a pain to connect and netted 2,100gt/s lol! I used intel cache software(the pre-cursor to optane caching)and made my own 32gb plus 128gb optane enslaved level one and 2 cache-$20 for a 512gb m.2 aint bad for use in external usb m.2 carrier-I had it fused with the 32gb OUT of the machine(my external appears a real disk drive)but it crashed-I tried to keep it with the deskmeet as differential clone to flash back in the raid0 croaked(it did)but thinking ahead and created a current .wim and added a boot menu item-restored in 2mins then then it disappeared-total junk-
Im close to booting windows from a linux raid array
I found a low level windows kernal driver that Im sure Im not supposed to have lol-crazy thing is Im working on a bootable storage spaces raid also when I discovered some 1tb surface pro models have 2 512 m.2 drives that assemble on boot and as far as I can tell doesnt have or require intel fake raid-another precurser to storage spaces direct-I found the recovery image, the bios and surface IT tools that get this uses the formatting tool to stitch together both drives in software raid with surface eraser docs quickly glossing over the occurance that replacing a drive wipes everything but the tool auto fixes it-this was win8.1 days they have had this tech-I think the ssd they use are uniquly digital stamped-if I can bake that code into an uefi option rom or quibble alt windows loader we will have a winner but I can see my linux raid array from win at startup-with so many of you crybabbies spreading gloom and doom about OS on raid0-spouting 20 year old ignorance-these same people swear you need the chipset software first on modern machines and would have a heart attack if you wanted to update your bios or god forbid moddify your bios
they give themselves away when they say their system runs "flawlessly"
I can almost hear their lisp between the guzzle of mountain dew LOL-
I got crazy deals on this hardware which while 13th gen it has no onboard nvme raid (maybe it needs offical intel ssd or solgen?)Im over it and should not complain-I have the worlds fastest deskmeet, aurora R7,R8,R10,and R12
haters going to hate and didnt you know there is no dicernable difference between pcie 3.0 and 4.0? why would you want pcie 5.0 speeds?
I love it
hey thanks for reading my book
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic