ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Taichi - Bluetooth Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khanv1ct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Taichi - Bluetooth Not Working
    Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 2:26am
The bluetooth just suddenly stopped working. I looked in Device Manager and all I could find was some "Unknown USB Device", it said Windows stopped this device because it reported problems yada yada. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I've tried to install drivers to the device and nothing works. I'm pretty sure the unknown device is the bluetooth adapter since the bluetooth isn't working (when I try to add a bluetooth device it instantly fails).
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 2:08am
what wifi card is being used?
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
khanv1ct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khanv1ct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 11:37am
It's the motherboard's integrated wifi. Intel Killer 6E or something.

Assrock support told me to reinstall Windows. I swear every time I've contacted them they have been so useless and always say the problem is a Windows problem.
Xaamoh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaamoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 6:54am
Man! I have exact the same problem today. Bluetooth suddenly stopped with the same symptoms you have. Did you found a solution here?
Xaamoh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaamoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 7:16am
I found a solution here. Shut down your computer. Plug out the power cable until the red LED on the back is off. It takes around 2 minutes. Then plug in the power cable and start your computer.
Greg83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greg83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2024 at 5:21pm
I would not believe this solution if not for the fact that I was just having exactly the same problem. I purchased brand new ASRock X670E PRO RS and Bluetooth was not working.

Updating BIOS did not help.
Neither Windows 10 nor Fedora Linux was not recognizing bluetooth.
my wifi"antenas" were connected.

Finally I unplugged the power cable from my PC, waited for a minute, plugged it back in... lo and behold - the bluetooth is working for the first time.
realdude19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote realdude19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 6:51am
More than you know... I hate that shutting off the computer, removing the power cord and waiting for 2 minutes ACTUALLY WORKED.

I have been fighting this problem for MONTHS. I've tested multiple OS's and even bought a new BT Adapter, and Nothing worked with the Bluetooth till I did what you said to do.

I just have to know, Why is this happening and how the heck is this the fix??
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 3:50pm
When the system is powered off and disconnected from power all the capacitors on
the board discharge and all stored data in the BIOS/UEFI that isn't maintained by
the CMOS battery is flushed. This includes a lot of garbage the OS likes to keep
handy that can be corrupted or conflicting.

Basically it allows your system memory to be completely flushed.
Adolph121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adolph121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 4:34pm
When Bluetooth stops working and you're seeing an "Unknown USB Device" error in Device Manager, it often points to a problem with the Bluetooth adapter or its driver. Check for updates to your Bluetooth drivers. Go to the manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers for your Bluetooth adapter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic